Video Game Addiction Being Classified as Mental Illness?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:

I couldn't copy and paste for some reason so I'm throwing a screen cap of some of the article in here. I wonder what they would classify system war argument addiction for those who don't even play the games they talking about.

@PS4

:lupe:

Compulsive video-game playing could be mental health problem

upload_2018-6-18_15-18-44.png

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
there was a thread on this. and the overall thought was...cut us a check if that's how they pushing it. But there was a story about a 9 year old girl who was REALLY addicted to Fortnite where she used her parents credit card on a bunch of micro transactions, and even when her parents took her Xbox away, she snuck late at night and played it. The worst part is that she even pissed herself just so she could sit there and continue to play the game. She in rehab now.

So if that's the type of addiction they talking then by all means.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:patrice:

I couldn't copy and paste for some reason so I'm throwing a screen cap of some of the article in here. I wonder what they would classify system war argument addiction for those who don't even play the games they talking about.

@PS4

:lupe:

Compulsive video-game playing could be mental health problem

View attachment 22643
First off, lol @ the sneak jab to @Rekkapryde because he's the HNIC for ghat damn casuals :francis:
2ndly, lol @ this haymaker article directed to @Kamikaze Revy & @Dominic Brehetto :whew:

Its not a surprise that the wisest voice is the one that is ridiculed the most. Now I know how racist ass Einstein felt :yeshrug:

Nasty_C

Pro
Daps
I'm glad I'm currently addicted to God of War

Lots to learn from playing a game like that

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
When I was in rehab, the facility was treating a few people with video game addiction.

The facility had to block gaming websites because of this, much to my dismay. :francis:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
there was a thread on this. and the overall thought was...cut us a check if that's how they pushing it. But there was a story about a 9 year old girl who was REALLY addicted to Fortnite where she used her parents credit card on a bunch of micro transactions, and even when her parents took her Xbox away, she snuck late at night and played it. The worst part is that she even pissed herself just so she could sit there and continue to play the game. She in rehab now.

sounds more like shytty parenting leading up to that more than anything

everything is mental illness to some people.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Gotta watch these kids mayne... Parents need to engage and interact with their kids instead of just shoving a phone or a tablet in front of them just so they can shut up

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Of course video games can be an addiction. Just look into how the brain works, any behavior can become compulsory and morph into an addiction.

Besides drugs, video game, internet (youtube etc) are really potent generators of dopamine because they designed to do just that, provide pleasure in high quantities and intensity. Plus they are introduced pretty early in our childhood in the years when our brains are the most vulnerable and susceptible to create detrimental neural connections.

Good thing they finally realize it. But the U.N. Health Agency and the world in general aren't ready for what's to come. When the babies we're raising right now grow up and phone/tablet/screen addiction hit full force, we're gonna see interesting stuff and takes on technology and how it affects behaviors. Parents' laziness will be fully exposed and a lot of people are going to regret how much they thought an electronic device could raise an human being. shyt's going to blow up in their faces.