Vegeta should have been the one to kill Cell and Gohan shouldve killed Buu

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
i actually thought gohan could have been a great lead man. the early buu arc reminded me of spiderman... high schooler by day superhero by night.

we never had that dynamic with goku. gohan juggling his duties as earth's protector and his social life with videl might have made for something really interesting if they had kept at it long term. who knows. we got what we got.

but NO NO NO to vegeta filling that role. his whole character is driven by needing to be better than kakarot, once you remove that layer from his character he essentially has no character anymore. all that would drive him are his need to be the strongest and his family... a.k.a. a goku ripoff.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
gohan would have more claim to be the top hero than vegeta, that goes without saying.

vegeta can - and never will - surpass goku and be the one who takes out the main bad guy.

if vegeta were to suddenly become the strongest he wouldn't be an interesting character.

:umad: Goku can't reach UI again. Vegoata Royal Blue cuz

VANITY

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
Would a guy really be the hero if he was the one who gave the shooter the gun in the first place? :gucci:

Thinking about it... the only real villain Vegeta has any business killing is Frieza.

Made everything with Cell worse.

Made everything with Buu worse.

Movie villains don't matter.

Beerus, Hit, and Jiren aren't villains.

Then there's the GT villains, but I haven't seen it in a while to recall Vegeta's role in it.

Gohan killing Buu would've made A LOT of sense from a thematic standpoint.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Would a guy really be the hero if he was the one who gave the shooter the gun in the first place? :gucci:

Thinking about it... the only real villain Vegeta has any business killing is Frieza.

Made everything with Cell worse.

Made everything with Buu worse.

Movie villains don't matter.

Beerus, Hit, and Jiren aren't villains.

Then there's the GT villains, but I haven't seen it in a while to recall Vegeta's role in it.

Gohan killing Buu would've made A LOT of sense from a thematic standpoint.
Jiren became a villain in the end.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Antagonist =/= Villain

Dude is literally apart of an organization that safeguards an entire universe.
Breh he shot a ki blast at innocent people. Hit is an antagonist. Jiren a villain.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
my Goat:blessed:
8UeX_o.gif

tumblr_p1pl2ujodF1wyh2j4o1_500.gif

Vegeta stan till i die:blessed::mjcry:
tenor.gif

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
:umad: Goku can't reach UI again. Vegoata Royal Blue cuz

i haven't kept up with super, has vegeta surpassed goku? that would be pretty bad... i can't imagine:francis:

the only time i could think of where vegeta truly surpassed goku was when he first left the ROSAT before goku had a chance to go in.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna say no to Vegeta beating Cell. I DO think that Vegeta should have been the one to end Frieza in Resurrection of F though. Vegeta's backstory and motivations pretty much stem from 2 things... revenge on Frieza for killing the Saiyans, and being better than Kakarot. Cell has little to do with either one of those.
I completely agree that Gohan should have been the one to beat Buu though. Part of what I liked about Gohan is that he was one of the only down-to-earth, relatable guys in a show full of weird, obsessed, battle junkies.
It's too bad that Piccolo never had any main villain bodies besides Raditz though :to:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Vegeta was a dikkhead in the Android saga and was damn near an obstacle to the rest of the heroes with how he kept screwing things up for his personal glory, he didn't deserve to have a moment like that. He needed a crushing moment to kickstart his redemption, which is what the original storyline provided.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
He snapped because he was angry that his entire philosophy towards life was being broke down by another he rejected years ago.

Some of Goku's own allies have done much worse :yeshrug:

38+-+WnEQpqn.jpg

38+-+WnEQpqn.jpg

39+-+hNLh4yu.jpg

40+-+t1jbMl3.jpg

41+-+LaAnVWM.jpg
That's no excuse. Some of Goku's allies started out as villains.

Next you're gonna tell me Vegeta was just an antagonist back when he did this
majin-vegeta-gif-1.gif

I'll give you manga Jiren since I don't know much about it.

But anime Jiren? No way homez. He a villain.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
But anime Jiren? No way homez. He a villain.
Jiren just lost his cool in the moment and did something dumb; regaining his composure 2 minutes later. If that is enough to be a villain, goku and krillin are villains too considering krillin threw rocks at goku while he was asleep and goku attacked monaka entirely unprovoked even after being told not to.

Majin vegeta is different because he gave his free will to babadi who is actually evil. Jiren was sworn to justice throughout the entire season.