Vegeta should have been the one to kill Cell and Gohan shouldve killed Buu

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Have Vegeta go SSJ2 after Cell kills Trunks, destroys Cell after a hard fought battle

Have Gohan use Spirit bomb on Buu
End DBZ as Gohan the ultimate hero

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah, Vegeta's role in series ever since the Frieza Saga has been to take an L to the main villain to show how tough he is. :umad:

As far as Buu...Toriyama just felt like Gohan didn't really work as the main character because he doesn't like to fight. It's understandable...hard to have a fighting series where the main character hates fighting. :yeshrug:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Nah, Vegeta's role in series ever since the Frieza Saga has been to take an L to the main villain to show how tough he is. :umad:

As far as Buu...Toriyama just felt like Gohan didn't really work as the main character because he doesn't like to fight. It's understandable...hard to have a fighting series where the main character hates fighting. :yeshrug:

Trigun says hi. :GucciPause2:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

I thought it was because the stans wanted Goku to stay on top so he had to keep sonning gohan (don’t ask me how)

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
gohan would have more claim to be the top hero than vegeta, that goes without saying.

vegeta can - and never will - surpass goku and be the one who takes out the main bad guy.

if vegeta were to suddenly become the strongest he wouldn't be an interesting character.

At this point Goku woulda been dead from his sacrifice.. Woulda been a good way to insert Vegeta as the hero :yeshrug:

Still wouldnt have been powerful than Goku at the Buu saga.. Woulda been a more interesting story to see Vegeta think hes finally more powerful only for Goku to come back and be :umad:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I thought it was because the stans wanted Goku to stay on top so he had to keep sonning gohan (don’t ask me how)

I used to think that too, it goes around a lot but it's not true.

Why Did Gohan Not Become The Main Character Debunking Rumors. | DragonBallZ Amino

Now many of you will say it was because the fans went against it because they wanted to keep Goku as the main character, but that is completely wrong as Toriyama states in an interview for one of the Daizenshuus.

Akira: I intended to put Gohan in the leading role. It didn't work out. I felt that compared to Goku he was ultimately not suited for the role.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
At this point Goku woulda been dead from his sacrifice.. Woulda been a good way to insert Vegeta as the hero :yeshrug:

Still wouldnt have been powerful than Goku at the Buu saga.. Woulda been a more interesting story to see Vegeta think hes finally more powerful only for Goku to come back and be :umad:
That is essentially what happened anyway. As far as Vegeta was concerned he was the strongest living after Gohan stopped training.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps

the most perfect way to set Vegeta up as the hero would've been to have Majin Fatass Buu stay dead after Vegeta's Final sacrifice and have Babidi do some magic to summon Super Buu or some shyt and let the arc go from there

instead the fakkit just came back after 2 minutes :scust: :snoop:

iaknet8m

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the idea, Vegeta and Trunks had a lot more investment in beating Cell than Goku and Gohan did. They were barely around.

Buu arc is more Gohan's story than Cell by far. They could have fit in the story of him fulfilling his potential and Goku/Piccolo teaching Gotenks fusion. Gotenks and Gohan defeating Buu would have been a true passing of the torch and would have ended the show the right way IMO.