Variety: Russell Simmons Owes $3MM to Three Women, Including A SA Accuser, After Failing to Pay Settlement

KingsOfKings

š•„š•’š••š•š•šš•“ š•šš•¤ š•„š•™š•– š”¾š• š•’š•„
Daps
Russell Simmons owes three women $3 million after failing to pay them previously agreed-upon settlements, according to court records.

Three confessions of judgment were filed Wednesday in New York County Supreme Court on behalf of journalist Sil Lai Abrams, Sherri Abernathy and Wendy Carolina Franco. The documents were part of confidential settlement agreements the women entered into with the music mogul in November 2023.

Simmons agreed to pay each woman substantial sums ā€œfor claimantā€™s alleged personal, physical injuries and sickness,ā€ by Oct. 1. But according to the documents, he has failed to pay.

He provided the confessions of judgment to the plaintiffs last year, as part of the settlement. In the event of a default, they give the plaintiffs an expedited means to obtain judgments in New York state court and to begin the collections process.

Simmons pledged to pay $1,265,000 each to Abrams and Abernathy, and $515,000 to Franco. Under the settlements, Simmons did not admit any wrongdoing.

Legal representatives for both the women and Simmons did not respond to Varietyā€™s requests for comment.

The documents do not explicitly state why the original settlements were made, but Abrams, an author and domestic violence activist, has previously made allegations that Simmons raped her in 1994. In 2020, she participated in the documentary ā€œOn the Recordā€ which focused on Black womenā€™s experiences in hip-hop.

Over nearly a decade, more than 20 women have accused Simmons of sexĀµal assault, as recently as this past February when a Jane Doe who once worked for Def Jam said that he raped her in the late ā€˜90s. Two days after the suit, another former Def Jam executive named Drew Dixon sued him for defamation after she claimed he sexĀµally assaulted her and he subsequently branded her a ā€œliar.ā€

In a podcast interview last year, Simmons acknowledged being in ā€œcompromising situations,ā€ but said he had taken and passed nine lie detector tests dealing with the allegations of violent conduct.

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heā€™s chilling in Bali with all his money tied up in a trust or shell company. Theyā€™re never getting that money. :skip:

word, prolly sippin spiced coconut water under a palm tree in between hits of ayahuasca tryna astral project n'shyt

Daps
Reppin
Miami
His ex wife lost his stash money to her ex zaddy fraudster.
:francis:
I thought he was supposedly a billionaire :what: Kimora was nothing but a gold digger anyway. I was surprised that she had a relationship with Djimon Honsou because he wasnā€™t raking in money like Russ.

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
I thought he was supposedly a billionaire :what: Kimora was nothing but a gold digger anyway. I was surprised that she had a relationship with Djimon Honsou because he wasnā€™t raking in money like Russ.

Russell Claims He Had A Stake In The Shares Kimora Used
MEGA

According to Russell, the energy drink company's stocks were purchased when he was working with Kimora and Leissner at the investment organization Nu Horizons. But their relationship crashed in 2018 amid a criminal case.

Russell claimed Kimora used four million shares from Celsius to pay for Leissner's bond after he was taken to court. The 66-year-old argued that he had a stake in the stocks used, but his ex-wife begged to differ.

Kimora, through her attorney, refuted Russell's recent claims and demands. She noted that she had produced hundreds of documents that proved the "actual ownership of Nu Horizons and the Celsius shares."

The media personality stressed that she not only owns the Celsius shares, but the energy drink company has also acknowledged that ownership in public filings. Therefore, Russell's request for her private chats was "irrelevant and disproportionate."

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Thf I donā€™t think she was even 18 when they got together. Like 16 or some. She was a kid

Daps
Reppin
Miami
Thf I donā€™t think she was even 18 when they got together. Like 16 or some. She was a kid
I was talking about the white man who is supposedly a billionaire. Not Russell and I donā€™t know nothing about her and his relationship besides the fact she said she was 21 when she got married, and he dated her when she was a teen.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I was talking about the white man who is supposedly a billionaire. Not Russell and I donā€™t know nothing about her and his relationship besides the fact she said she was 21 when she got married, and he dated her when she was a teen.
Oh ofcourse. No women is going from Russel to a nikka who makes 100k respectfully