Variety Estimating Fate Of The Furious to break Star Wars BO Record With $534 Million

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Never thought of it like this :ohhh:
When you pigeon hole foreign audiences as being stupid or lazy because they don't speak English there's no limit to the things you can think of. :mjpls:

Couldn't possibly be because of the diverse cast and it embracing the entire world in its locations.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I can't even front. I have had ZERO interest in this franchise from day one. I'm confounded by the fact its a huge as it is.
I've thought about this before because even as someone who's loved them since the first film,the franchise success really is insane.

But I think it comes down to a lot of things.

One,the first film was a cult classic especially with young people. The film single handedly created and pushed a bigger car culture back then..everybody wanted a suped up car.

Not only the movie was just quotable. Everybody could recite it line for line.

The 2nd one cashed in the first success and brought in new Characters but it didn't hit with people the same way.

The third was basically a reboot and the franchise well on its way to being straight to dvd status.

But then Vin and Paul had a string of misses and came back. People came back to the series for the fourth for the nostalgia even if it was a weak film.

And then a weird thing happened.

The 5th came put, they added rock,and the flat out made one of the best action films in the last couple decades.

Not only was the action great,but they respected their audience. The audience that grew up with the franchise and stuck with it through the lows. Instead of being ashamed of past movies,they made them more integral. They brought back characters left and right. They wrote in sub plots to connect the film's even deeper. Yes it's all silly but it respected the universe it built.

One of the best things about the franchise is them constantly mixing characters events of past films.

So you had great action,mixed with likeable characters and writing that respected the audiences Fandom and rewarded it.

On top of that,these films fly against the nature of the overly cgi green screen action films now. These don't have tacked on 3d, and they do real stunts with real cars.

The cherry on top is the diversity and the celebration of the world by having so many different races and religions represented. What other franchise can appeal to so many bases? They filmed this one in Cuba in parts. They film all over the world. Show different cultures instead of the same white male tropes. The cast is diverse as it gets.

It delivers everything it tells you its going to while celebrating diversity.

:blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I've thought about this before because even as someone who's loved them since the first film,the franchise success really is insane.

One,the first film was a cult classic especially with young people. The film single handedly created and pushed a bigger car culture back then..everybody wanted a suped up car.

The 2nd one cashed in the first success and brought in new Characters but it didn't hit with people the same way.

The third was basically a reboot and the franchise well on its way to being straight to dvd status.

But then Vin and Paul had a string of misses and came back. People came back to the series for the fourth for the nostalgia even if it was a weak film.

The 5th came put, they added rock,and the flat out made one of the best action films in the last couple decades.

Not only was the action great,but they respected their audience. The audience that grew up with the franchise and stuck with it through the lows. Instead of being ashamed of past movies,they made them more integral. They brought back characters left and right. They wrote in sub plots to connect the film's even deeper. Yes it's all silly but it respected the universe it built.

One of the best things about the franchise is them constantly mixing characters events of past films.

So you had great action,mixed with likeable characters and writing that respected the audiences Fandom and rewarded it.

On top of that,these films fly against the nature of the overly cgi green screen action films now. These don't have tacked on 3d, and they do real stunts with real cars.

The cherry on top is the diversity and the celebration of the world by having so many different races and religions represented. What other franchise can appeal to so many bases? They filmed this one in Cuba in parts. They film all over the world. Show different cultures instead of the same white male tropes. The cast is diverse as it gets.

I get what you are saying. But ultimately its still amazing that this franchise turned into the juggernaut it did. like didn' Bow Wow do one of these films. It's like the franchise that refuses to die. props to the actors and producers but, this is unrivaled success. movies tank harder now than ever before. let a social issue pop up. whitewashing pops up and that shyt is DOA. you really cant compare the success this franchise has had to anything. because its nothing like it.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I get what you are saying. But ultimately its still amazing that this franchise turned into the juggernaut it did. like didn' Bow Wow do one of these films. It's like the franchise that refuses to die. props to the actors and producers but, this is unrivaled success. movies tank harder now than ever before. let a social issue pop up. whitewashing pops up and that shyt is DOA. you really cant compare the success this franchise has had to anything. because its nothing like it.
Yeah you really can't.

That's why I don't see even see why if people aren't a fan they can't help but respect it.

This franchise carved it's own lane and bullied it's way to the top.

It's unparalleled.

And yeah bow wow was in the 3rd. People had wrote off the franchise after that one,but ironically it gave the franchise one of people's favorite characters in Han and helped carve out more of its worldwide appeal.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area

Fast Five took it into another realm I wasn't the biggest fan but i liked two a lot then I saw they brought everybody back with the Rock I was in man.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

76oOa.gif