Vape help needed!!!

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
NYS no longer allows the sale of flavored vape juice other than tobacco because "the kids"... As if I as an adult don't want to vape on an assortment of berry flavored juices. I have been mixing my own juice with plain nicotine juice and adding in flavor to my liking. This is no longer an option in NYS. I may have to take a road trip out of state to get what I need to vape the way I want.

Anyone have any advice?

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Vape juice is a lil harder to find but there's plenty flavored devices still in the wild you just gotta find them and not look like a cop lol. Most of the illegal weedshops have them if they haven't been shut down yet. Not sure if you're in the city.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

You are Here: Home Page > 2020 Press Releases > New York State Department of Health Announces Statewide Ban of Flavored Nicotine Vapor Products Takes Effect Today

New York State Department of Health Announces Statewide Ban of Flavored Nicotine Vapor Products Takes Effect Today​

Prohibition on Sale of Tobacco and Nicotine Vapor Products in Pharmacies Also Begins Today​

Both Laws Were Part of Comprehensive Tobacco Control Policy Outlined in the FY 2020-21 Executive Budget​

ALBANY, N.Y. (May 18, 2020) - The New York State Department of Health today announced that two signature pieces of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo's Comprehensive Tobacco Control Policy take effect today. The first law prohibits the sale of flavored nicotine vapor products, and the second bans the sale of all tobacco and nicotine vapor products in pharmacies. Both Executive Budget Proposals were included in the enacted FY 2020-21 budget.

"The ban on flavored nicotine vapor products will protect our children, who, thanks to the tobacco industry's marketing efforts, have been using vaping products at alarming rates," said New York State Commissioner of Health Dr. Howard Zucker. "Starting today, we will no longer permit Big Tobacco to target young New Yorkers for a lifetime of nicotine addiction."

The law does not include flavorless and tobacco flavored nicotine vapor products, as well as nicotine vapor products that are approved by the FDA, which has currently approved none.

Flavors are largely responsible for the dramatic increase in use of e-cigarettes by youth and are a principal reason that youth initiate and maintain e-cigarette use. According to Department of Health data, nearly 40 percent of 12th grade students and 27 percent of high school students in New York State are now using e-cigarettes, and this increase is largely driven by flavored e-liquids. High school use in 2018 (27.4%) is 160 percent higher than it was in 2014 (10.5%). While New York's high school student cigarette smoking rate dropped from 27.1% in 2000 to a record low of 4.3% in 2016, aggressive marketing strategies promoting flavored e-cigarettes are primed to reverse that trend.

Flavoring is a key youth marketing strategy of the vaping/aerosol industry just as it is in the cigarette, cigarand smokeless tobacco markets. E-cigarette marketing highlights flavors such as mint chocolate, bubblegum and cherry cola, and creates adeceptivebelief that they are not harmful to users. In a 2017 survey of 15-to-17-year-old adolescents in New York State currently using electronic vapor products, 19% of the adolescents said that flavors were the reason that they first tried an e-cigarette and 27% said flavors were the reason for maintaining use. Studies also show nearly 78% of high school students and 75% of middle school students report being exposed to pro-tobacco marketing in 2016.Legislation will be advanced next session to prevent these deceptive and misleading advertisements to target our youth.

Governor Cuomo has taken unprecedented steps to ensure the health and safety of all New Yorkers by combating the use of harmful tobacco and nicotine products. The Enacted Budget prohibits the sale or distribution of e-cigarettes or nicotine vapor products that have a characterizing flavor unless approved as part of an FDA pre-market approval; prohibits the sale of tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, in all pharmacies; restricts the delivery of nicotine vapor products only to NYS-licensed vapor products dealer; restricts the public display of tobacco and nicotine vapor products near schools; requires manufacturers of nicotine vapor products to disclose to the DOH Commissioner and the public, information regarding the ingredients, by-products, or contaminants in vapor products, whether intentional or unintentionally added; allows the DOH Commissioner to ban certain carrier oils if they are determined to be harmful; bans coupons and manufacturer discounts and displays in shops; and increases penalties for illegally selling tobacco products to minors.

Revised: May 2020

NYS law loopholes allow continued sale of illegal flavored vapes​

by CDTFC | Apr 1, 2024 | Blog, E-cig, Retail marketing

In 2020, New York banned the flavored e-cigarette products that had the strongest youth appeal and that fueled the youth vaping epidemic. But the tobacco industry has found ways around the existing law resulting in New York State having the highest continued retail availability of prohibited products of any of the six states that have an e-cigarette flavor ban in place.

In our own local observations of tobacco retailers, 15 out of 41 stores in Albany County were selling flavored vapes; 16 out of 31 retailers in Schenectady County were selling flavored vapes. The widespread availability of illegal vaping products helps explain why local area middle and high schools continue to struggle with student vaping on school campuses and why NYS PTA is among the more than 35 organizations that support closing the loopholes.

A bill sponsored by Senator Brad Hoylman-Sigal and Assemblymember Linda Rosenthal is intended to close the loopholes in the current NYS law by eliminating federal exemptions, requiring retailers to allow inspection access, prohibiting wholesale distributors from selling and shipping products in NYS, and prohibiting the sale of new non-menthol products that mimics the flavor and cooling sensation of menthol.

See the 3/18 TU Commentary from PAVe (Parents Against Vaping e-cigarettes) Co-founder Meredith Berkman and the 3/31 Daily Gazette article on the continued sale of flavored nicotine vapes in Schenectady smoke shops.

Learn more about the loopholes from the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids document here.

View the Senate bill here and the Assembly version here.

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Vape juice is a lil harder to find but there's plenty flavored devices still in the wild you just gotta find them and not look like a cop lol. Most of the illegal weedshops have them if they haven't been shut down yet. Not sure if you're in the city.
Nah, I'm not in NYC.

New York State Department of Health Announces Statewide Ban of Flavored Nicotine Vapor Products Takes Effect Today
You are Here: Home Page > 2020 Press Releases > New York State Department of Health Announces Statewide Ban of Flavored Nicotine Vapor Products Takes Effect Today
@bnew you the man and all but right now I need solutions, not an info dump. :skip:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Indian reservations my brother. They most likely will have what you need. They got they're own rules and police themselves. I was copping loud at they gas stations before dispensaries were able to operate in the rest of the state.

I was on the res this past weekend and was looking for a spot but wifey was handling the map and internet as I drove. She shyt the bed and we left without. If you know of any specific spots dm me.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
NYS no longer allows the sale of flavored vape juice other than tobacco because "the kids"... As if I as an adult don't want to vape on an assortment of berry flavored juices. I have been mixing my own juice with plain nicotine juice and adding in flavor to my liking. This is no longer an option in NYS. I may have to take a road trip out of state to get what I need to vape the way I want.

Anyone have any advice?
Order the disposable vapes from Breeze or North companies (the North lasts me 6 days for 12$, the Breezes only last about 3 for 15$). I was a pack a day smoker before I switched over to vapes in 2018.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Order the disposable vapes from Breeze or North companies (the North lasts me 6 days for 12$, the Breezes only last about 3 for 15$). I was a pack a day smoker before I switched over to vapes in 2018.
Disposable vape? :scusthov:

I use box mods with built in batteries, a German engineered tank and a triple coiled atomizer. I'm not trying to step down that far from what I'm rocking.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
This shyt happened back in 2018 after I invested in Altria because of the Juul vape and cartridges. I invested 7,000$ into that company and the shyt sky rocketed after the Juul became popular (this was before they started making disposable vapes).

Then the Dems and Republicans banned flavored cartridges (a 15$ pack would have 4-5 carts, all lasting 1-3 days) to help their Marlborough buddies take over that market. The stock crashed as soon as that law was passed. Then a few weeks later they started doing deals with the companies that started making disposable vapes (Wild Bills, ect).

So................ The government pretty much helped their Marlborough buddies take control of the market at that time. Shady ass business practice.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
They tried to pull this bullshyt in Cali too but most smoke shops still sell them.

Some have them in the back, but there's one that has all them shyts out on display with a sign that says "these are not for sale" :mjlol:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Disposable vape? :scusthov:

I use box mods with built in batteries, a German engineered tank and a triple coiled atomizer. I'm not trying to step down that far from what I'm rocking.
Is that the type of vape that has the huge ass smoke clouds or is it similar to regular cig/vape type of clouds?

How is the flavor on the liquids you order? Can you just order them in bulk online?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Is that the type of vape that has the huge ass smoke clouds or is it similar to regular cig/vape type of clouds?

How is the flavor on the liquids you order? Can you just order them in bulk online?
Nothing but big boy clouds over here, nephew...
vBqz04I.png

The flavors are great, I like mixing them for custom combos.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Boston and NYC on that no menthol BS.

OP if you can buy loosies at your store they prolly have some menthol vape back there lowkey.

Or just have someone buy bulk and mail it to you :manny: