V FOR VENDETTA APPRECIATION THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pre planned disastors to support totalitarianism?
Secret police?
Curfew?
Restriction of rights?
Revolution?

Yeah real run of the mill :mjpls:
very run of the mill. the government was far too extreme. totalitarianism in the west is a joke. its a boogey man for people to fear so that people dont take issue with the injustices committed by democratic governments. and i know the film drew parallels with the Bush government, however the strong theme of fascism distorts any real connection because it is so extreme in the film. it shows the evils without showing the way that those evils are "justified" in our society. instead of showing a government that exploits people and manipulates society through systematic means for their gain it shows a government that polices every aspect of peoples lives. thats not how democracy works. the film leans much more on nazi imagery and operations than modern governments so of course in that extreme government = bad, because any government that resembles the Nazi's is bad, no two ways about it. and yes there have been and still are totalitarian governments in this world, however, the whole movie presents a "totalitarianism vs anarchism" theme and completely sidesteps our reality and the existence of an exploitative and unequal democratic government, which is kinda a big deal.

i enjoy revolution themed works, however this film to me was about as fanciful as the matrix. it didn't deal with any real concept of revolution, it was simply a good vs bad film.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
One of my top 5 from 2006. It really should've got more love in the states. I can always say that I went and saw it in the theater though. Hugo Weaving's performance as V is pretty awesome. By morning: He's cooking eggs in a basket while wearing a pink apron. By night: He's murdering talk show evangelists and pedophile priests.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
very run of the mill. the government was far too extreme. totalitarianism in the west is a joke. its a boogey man for people to fear so that people dont take issue with the injustices committed by democratic governments. and i know the film drew parallels with the Bush government, however the strong theme of fascism distorts any real connection because it is so extreme in the film. it shows the evils without showing the way that those evils are "justified" in our society. instead of showing a government that exploits people and manipulates society through systematic means for their gain it shows a government that polices every aspect of peoples lives. thats not how democracy works. the film leans much more on nazi imagery and operations than modern governments so of course in that extreme government = bad, because any government that resembles the Nazi's is bad, no two ways about it. and yes there have been and still are totalitarian governments in this world, however, the whole movie presents a "totalitarianism vs anarchism" theme and completely sidesteps our reality and the existence of an exploitative and unequal democratic government, which is kinda a big deal.

i enjoy revolution themed works, however this film to me was about as fanciful as the matrix. it didn't deal with any real concept of revolution, it was simply a good vs bad film.

WE GET IT nikka YOU DIDNT LIKE IT NO NEED FOR A fukkING ESSAY

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I’m hella late caught this on Netflix last night

I read the graphic novel

I gotta re read it again