US had to bail out Japan to save the Treasury market

Daps
Another thread with no real credible sources beyond some crypto bros just like the petrodollar thread.
you are another clown, usd jpy almost blew to the moon, fed made the call and wired 60 billion...

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
you are another clown, usd jpy almost blew to the moon, fed made the call and wired 60 billion...
Did you even read this? It says nothing about the US bailing out Japan to save the treasury market. This is doomer bullshyt, just like the petrodollar story.

Japan spent a record ¥9.8 trillion ($62.2 billion) in the past month to prop up the yen after it fell to a 34-year low against the dollar, surpassing the total amount it used in 2022 to defend the currency.

The finance ministry disclosed figures Friday for the period between April 26 and May 29. The amount exceeded earlier estimates of ¥9.4 trillion based on a comparison of the Bank of Japan’s accounts and money broker forecasts. Japan’s previous monthly intervention record of ¥9.1 trillion was set in very different circumstances when authorities were trying to weaken the yen in autumn 2011.

The record spending on intervention shows the commitment of Japan’s government to push back against speculators betting against the yen. The huge amount also underscores the scale of action required to have even a short-lived impact on the market and the gradually diminishing power of its salvos to defend the currency.

“The amount feels a touch on the large side, but it’s largely in the expected range,” said Hirofumi Suzuki, chief FX strategist at Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. “It didn’t top ¥10 trillion so it doesn’t feel too big and the dollar-yen pair isn’t actually reacting much.”

The yen was down about 0.3% at 157.25 versus the dollar at 7:20 p.m. in Tokyo time, little changed from where it was before the data release.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I swear, if theres one more thread trying to talk about international news/finance/geopolitics...

and nikkas use a random social media account as a source....

I'm gonna have to start blocking you goofies....

access to the largest database of information in the history of civilization...

and nikkas are fooled by any random cac with wifi and a keyboard

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
There's a TON of misinformation about currencies; investing in them is NOT for the faint of heart.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH