UPS ends ban on beards and natural Black hairstyles

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
That is a rule for a lot of hazmat work. Has to do with being able to put on the gas mask... Don't know necessarily why UPS had that rule though.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
lol that amazon delivery is probably what caused them to change the policy

Or someone finally sued corporate...:manny: either way that dress policy sounded like a bunch of bullshyt... Especially for delivery drivers out in the field...:stopitslime:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how long men could wear their hair (nothing longer than collar length) and hairstyles (no Afros or braids).

How did they get away with this right here? Was this explicit "no afros or braids"? :dwillhuh:

Long straight hair ok but not afros or braids? :mjpls:

I remember a dude tell me he tried to get a seasonal job but they listed this requirement. He left job fair and they called him back shook and said they would exempt him.

I also know a few brehs who are drivers and have neat dreads. I wonder if dreads were exempt or they started their dreads while there and management didn't dare try to fire them.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist šŸ˜²)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
That is a rule for a lot of hazmat work. Has to do with being able to put on the gas mask... Don't know necessarily why UPS had that rule though.
The same rule for most private security companies

But the funny thing is, if you're in an incident where you need a gas mask.. unfortunately it's too late, since you don't carry them on you all the time

It all goes back to looking 'presentable' for the client :mjpls:

Funny how those rules change when you become part of management :sas1: