Untold story of arsenio hall late night legacy

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
What’s sad is that there hasn’t been a black male talk show since (well not one that’s lasted more than one season). How does Queen Latifah and Tyra Banks get a talk show but no brehs can get one late night? :jbhmm:

At least Oprah and Wendy earned their stripes… but Tyra Banks???? Really????
Nick Cannon might get to 2.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Nick Cannon might get to 2.
Nick Cannon will never get one after he went at the “tribe”. They may give him a bone here and there but he’s severed too many ties now. It’s a shame because he would’ve been perfect as a late night show host. He has the right amount of goofiness and charm but he blew it.

I just remembered Larry Wilmore, albeit short lived, had one. Chris Rock did too but it was on HBO.

Why isn’t there a black equivalent late night black talk show host. And no, Trevor Noah doesn’t count for numerous reasons.

Kimmel is dry and boring. Fallon is the Jim Carey of talk show hosts… not for being funny but for exaggerating every Damn thing. Colbert is dry and boring. Corden is a fat crumpet eating suck up (thank god his show ended).

Seth Meyers is the only decent one. They got rid of Conan O’Brien who was genuinely hilarious across all cultures.

It’s BS. We saw how pale and stale the landscape was before Arsenio came on board. He should’ve had a successor but they know once we take over something, it’s a wrap. No different from how they freeze black coaches too. SMH.

Edit: for me, Craig Ferguson set the standard for talk show hosts. I rarely missed his show because he would go off the script but was still engaging.

Last edited: