Untold story of arsenio hall late night legacy

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The GOAT late night talk show host. Yes, Arsenio was even better than Johnny Carson.
Johnny Carson had been doing the same show for damn near 40 years once we got to 1990, the same format and repetitive show, and had become an "old boys club" up to that point. A hip hop act, rock act, or even an up-and-coming young actor would never get on Carson.

Turn on Carson and see some old white woman that had success in the 70s making her 16th appearance, making jokes and references from the 1960s, people couldn't turn to Arsenio fast enough. :mjlol:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Watched some of this.

I definitely remember how Spike Lee and Al Sharpton bytch ass was jealous and throwing shots at Arsenio.

Both of them have a whole ass history of getting mad at any shine another Black person got.

Al Sharpton should kill himself for how bad he went at Whitney.:pacspit:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Spike Lee and NAACP chapter of LA was some hating ass motherfukkers calling him a uncle tom when he had black people on his staff..

Dudes was mad, because they wasn’t getting booked or getting any acknowledgment
I love Spike Lee’s movies but as an individual? What an a$$hole. He came at Eddie Murphy too saying he wasn’t bringing through enough black talent.

This was around Harlem Nights era…. The audacity of him to say that. Wayans Brothers, Chris Rock, Robert Townsend, Robin Harris just to name a few. And giving Red Foxx and Richard Pryor roles.

Watched some of this.

I definitely remember how Spike Lee and Al Sharpton bytch ass was jealous and throwing shots at Arsenio.

Both of them have a whole ass history of getting mad at any shine another Black person got.

Al Sharpton should kill himself for how bad he went at Whitney.:pacspit:
I’m still mad at Al Sharpton for him doing Whitney dirty. It be your own folk. :francis:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
This was a really good documentary, Vice actually did a good job.

Because im Larry Homes status, I remember when Arsenio was on. What they said in the documentary was fact, his show changed the social landscape so much
What’s sad is that there hasn’t been a black male talk show since (well not one that’s lasted more than one season). How does Queen Latifah and Tyra Banks get a talk show but no brehs can get one late night? :jbhmm:

At least Oprah and Wendy earned their stripes… but Tyra Banks???? Really????