"Unprisoned" on Hulu starring Kerry Washington/Delroy Lindo

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
The black man Kerry Washington's character dates isn't broke, gay, or in jail.

@PAWG Life

@humminbird

@Realm-Breaker

I just watched all 8 episodes, I enjoyed it. Hope there is a season 2. Delroy Lindo did his thing.
But Kerry's character is an admitted dyed in the wool bedwench. Her dating a breh *for a change* is one of the plot devices.
I went ahead and watched two episodes and while there's potential, a lot rubbed me the wrong way.
-The Black woman constantly whining about how she has been wronged by the world
-The bedwenching as a character trait/plot point
-The father is a bedbuck
-I REALLY don't like the little Black girl (main character's inner child) cursing like a sailor, including talking about "fukking".
-The "Main bytch" episode. SMH. Father ends up comforting his daughter by saying that she's "main bytch" material. Black people don't talk like this.
Granted, this is based directly on Tracy McMillian's real life, who I've never heard of before until now.
EDIT: I do remember her. She wrote an article a long time ago for Huffington Post telling women the mistakes they make in dating.
She was telling the truth and chicks was mad asf. As usual.
tracy-mcmillan-9b7c72cf-4048-477d-87a7-48e21f2a07b-resize-750.jpeg

Is Kerry's character supposed to be biracial?
I might watch a few more eps. We'll see.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
First two episodes are pretty good. I swear this is how all BW/WM relationships are though, including the confused meek biracial child :mjlol:

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I fux with it

Lol @ breh throwing a brick to save the dog instead of jackin that shyt or waiting on that fire dept

This show is a lot deeper than it comes off as. The storyline in the south had me almost tearing up
Fa sho

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Just finished watching it, great show.

At the end of the episode 7 when Delroy was driving I knew this nikka was gonna get pulled over and get locked up :mjcry: Glad he got bailed about in the season finale :whew: I'm worried about Delroy moving out and moving with the those shady nikkas.

Also the music in this show is :ohlawd:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
If Kerry Washington wasnā€™t married to Nnamdi Asomugha, Iā€™d think this character she plays was her real self. I hate these Black adjacent black folks. On social media theyā€™re referred to as ā€œnew Blacksā€, basically the ones who discovered they were Black after watching the first Black Panther.

Last edited: