Unpopular Opinion but F it it must be said: Power is a garbage show

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think it's garbage but it's a very average show who's writing and plots are very poor at times.

I agree the praise it gets is very baffling.

It's entertaining if you don't take it too seriously.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Power and Empire are guilty pleasures...... its a foolish endeavor to compare this to something like the wire or the Sopranos....... they're in a class by themselves to begin with....
You know every show with a majority black cast has to be compared to The Wire breh

its all nikkas know :heh:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I don't get the hype. Show is so flat and boring. No depth to anything at all. Tried giving it a chance, even though I'm anti black man drug dealer show/movie, cause of the hype. But it sucks. Unless it gets dramatically better after the 1st 4 eps of the season (I don't see how it could) I don't understand why people like it.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Agreed. It's the most overrated TV show right now. nikkaz be tryna put me on it all the time, but I seen the first season and that shyt was straight BS with the cliche characters and predictable story. Only thing good about that show IMO is that 50 Cent got a W with it and Lala showed her titties in an episode.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
show is good imo, not great but good.

better than Empire but thats not saying much

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I actually refuse to watch it because it's the stereotypical black show about drug dealers, crime, going to jail, scammers, shady shyt, etc.

Like I've seen enough of that shyt to not care about the characters, the plot, etc.

But it's like all the black people I know worship it. I actually just refuse to watch the same cliche ass shyt of nikkas talking about "the hood or the street", selling drugs, scandolous bytches, etc.. Just like idgaf about nikkas rapping, singing and dancing, slave movies/shows, etc.

shyt is played tf out to me

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I really wanted to like Power after hearing all the hype. And I tried to like it, but I only made it 2 episodes in and threw it in the :trash:

Too cliche, shyt made me sleepy

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I might be done with it after this season to be honest. Whenever I start feeling like a show is insulting my intelligence I dip. Shows that don't take things too seriously don't bother me, but when a show is supposed to be a serious drama, and I'm laughing at the writing of it week after week... I can't do it for much longer.

:hubie:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I might be done with it after this season to be honest. Whenever I start feeling like a show is insulting my intelligence I dip. Shows that don't take things too seriously don't bother me, but when a show is supposed to be a serious drama, and I'm laughing at the writing of it week after week... I can't do it for much longer.

:hubie:
I said I was done last season, but too many people I know watch it:francis: