Undertale - $10 Surprise GOTY [PC]

Daps

Looking at the GOTY thread and not seeing this gem get any love made me wanna share this with you guys. This game came out in September with no marketing and got spread exclusively by word of mouth. For a few weeks it was the highest rated PC game of all time on Metacritic before a few more reviews came in and slightly lowered the score, but the quality of the game is apparent. If you can look past the primitive graphics you'll find a very heartwarming character driven game that takes your expectations of the RPG genre and turns them on its head. You can play approximately the first 40 minutes of the game with the free demo the creator provides if you aren't sure its for you, and even if youre not a PC gamer if youre viewing this on a computer you'll be able to run it.

UNDERTALE Delicious Free Sample

Couldnt recommend this game any more enthusiastically. It's only about $8 right now during the winter sales and its worth every penny.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You plan on killing anything or going Pacifist? Game changes dramatically depending on how you do the battles.
I like to play as the good guy normally, so probably pacifist. Is that a good idea, or will I miss important storylines?

Daps
I like to play as the good guy normally, so probably pacifist. Is that a good idea, or will I miss important storylines?

Pacifist is how most people play the game. Youll get all the story that way as well. People usually save the genocide run until after and it doesnt really reveal that much more in terms of the story.

Daps
Pacifist it is then.

One thing ill warn you about is the first main boss of the game can be killed easily if you dont pay attention to the way the battle unfolds. Theres only one instance in the entire game where you have to attack and thats on the very final boss. Otherwise you dont have to press the Attack button at all.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
One thing ill warn you about is the first main boss of the game can be killed easily if you dont pay attention to the way the battle unfolds. Theres only one instance in the entire game where you have to attack and thats on the very final boss. Otherwise you dont have to press the Attack button at all.
thanks for the head's up :salute:

Strike-Wun

Lion-O Ritchie
Supporter
Daps
Gonna give this a go

Edit: any word on a console version any time soon, otherwise I'll try on my mac

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
idk, I haven't played much, but I didn't see what was so special about this game. you figure out how to get by an enemy without killing them, and then you just do the exact same thing every time you encounter them