Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

e001

Superstar
Daps
Good win but that second unit in the first quarter was a disaster. Nader :camby:

On a second note, I'd trade 2 firsts for Myles Turner, he's a star in the making and fits our timeline perfectly, not sure how good he is right now but I totally believe in his game.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Rozier becoming the top bench scorer on top of what he does on defense and a rebounder would certainly put him in the sixth man of the year race. He is on the team with the best record, and this kind of scoring is going to directly lead to wins for this team. He can certainly be one of the most important sixth men in the NBA, and when that is accompanied by the kind of success they are having, people will pay attention.

The biggest obstacle that would come in Rozier’s sixth man of the year run could be Smart. It feels weird talking about Rozier as a sixth man of the year candidate, when everyone would agree Smart is a more important player coming off the bench. Rozier will have to do tremendous things on offense to get out of Smart’s sixth man shadow, because there is no chance anyone gets an edge on Smart, unless it is shooting.

Boston Celtics: Can Terry Rozier Make a 6MOY Run?

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When Drummond hits free throws he's a damn beast. We did a bad job of matching the pistons intensity. This was a statement game for them. I know it's a long regular season and you want your guys not to get too high or too low, but you must match an opponents intensity night in and night out. And if you're playing a lesser team, you must impose your will and smash them in the first 3 quarters too rest your starters in the 4th. There are spurts in games when we lack focus.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
are Celtics fans worried about this come playoffs? I can see teams doing this to kyrie come playoffs

Worst comes to worst, we're back where we were last season (with upgrades at certain positions). And we still went to the ECF.

But I expect Stevens & co. to find a solution to this issue...one way or another

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
“We’re keeping our options open for if there is another injury,” Ainge admitted. “If we used (the DPE) right now on what we perceive to be a need — which we don’t have a glaring hole; our team is playing really well — if we have another injury, then there’s a good chance that we may have a glaring hole that we need to fill.”

Ainge’s history of shrewd dealing suggests he probably won’t like the DPE go to waste. But unless things change drastically over the next few weeks, don’t expect any major transactions until the trade deadline comes into focus.

Why Danny Ainge, Celtics Likely Won’t Use Gordon Hayward’s DPE Anytime Soon