Uncharted 2:Among Thieves Appreciation thread

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Uncharted 3 failed me with the gunplay, no bosses, and annoying puzzles..
The trash repetitive melee sequences when you fight a Big bulky fakkit... but the sinking ship chapter was amazing

Uncharted 2 was perfect
The opening
The beautiful settings
Helicopter chase on the rooftop
Train ride
Tank Boss in the small village
Multiplayer maps

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
:lawd:

The op is nothing but fact. Uncharted 2 is the GOAT PS3 game.

I'm :scust: at Naughty Dog's effort on U3. How do you make a sequel that is inferior in every way to its' predecessor?

:mindblown: How did they screw up the perfect aiming and gunplay that was present in U2.

The thing that really bugged me was their laziness with the multiplayer graphics. In U2 MP if you rolled or walked into water, your character's clothes would become visibly wet. That detail was not present in U3.

:scust: At the regressive design. I'm happy I got the game half off during that year's Black Friday. Yeah I've spent a lot of time talking about U3 in an U2 appreciation thread, but the best thing about U3 is that its' inferiority makes you appreciate the greatness that is Uncharted 2.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I'm :scust: at Naughty Dog's effort on U3. How do you make a sequel that is inferior in every way to its' predecessor?

:mindblown: How did they screw up the perfect aiming and gunplay that was present in U2.

The thing that really bugged me was their laziness with the multiplayer graphics. In U2 MP if you rolled or walked into water, your character's clothes would become visibly wet. That detail was not present in U3.

:scust: At the regressive design. I'm happy I got the game half off during that year's Black Friday. Yeah I've spent a lot of time talking about U3 in an U2 appreciation thread, but the best thing about U3 is that its' inferiority makes you appreciate the greatness that is Uncharted 2.
Tell me about it breh. Uncharted 3 was my MOST anticipated game of all time back in 2011. I was high like a kite off dat Uncharted 2. When I played the Uncharted 3 Beta on June 29th, 2011, I felt like a spear went through my stomach. "What the fukk is this shyt?" I said to myself. I saw there were loadouts, I saw slow character movement speed, I saw sprint, I saw perks, I saw kickbacks. I saw pure hate. This wasn't my Uncharted I grew to love. Like a battered wife I stuck with it. I eventually got used to the beta and after a couple of days I said ":ehh: this is alright I can play this..". A few months later they announced a beta that you could get into to by purchasing specially marked drinks at Subway stores. I was at a nearby subway the very same day they said it went live and people started seeing them in the wild.
photo.jpg

:whoo:
Bought that shyt because damn you telling me I can play the entire MP game a month early?? :ohlawd:

I downloaded that shyt and I was so fukking happy! I started playing and that shyt was like a whole different game. The speed was was faster, the game had different gun handling it was a mess. I got used to it but none of it lived up to what Uncharted 2 was like. :sadcam:

YaBishh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/188-Uncharted-2-Among-Thieves/Coolbgdog
Only game I ever platinum'd :wow: But enough about that..

uncharted-2-o.gif

This game just was perfect. I literally could not believe how good it was.

Once I got to this section
uncharted-2-falling-o.gif

I already had declared it to be unmatched and unrivaled. It was already a perfect game only a few hours in. That testament rang true as I completed the campaign several times over and never was tired of it.

This game was something that Uncharted 2 just did right that all these other copy cat type cinematic games fail to do and it shows. They merely imitate set pieces but fail to have a strong set of characters, immaculate story telling, acting and chemistry between the characters. Other games have tried and failed tremendously. The surge of heavy set pieces that seemed to be included in every game after UC2 was funny because they seemed contrived and forced. They just felt like they were in there to be in there. The worst offender was Resident Evil 6. My goddness what a terrible game :gag:

The varied environments, the interaction with the environments and little banter between characters was top notch.
tumblr_mv0z1vSGmj1qlvbp1o2_250.gif

It's purely optional but yet it was there. Other titles would simply have this here for decoration with no sort of awareness from the character. You'd simply walk past it in other games and even if you could jump in it, nothing would happen.
tumblr_mv0z1vSGmj1qlvbp1o6_250.gif

The acting was superb. It was peerless.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It seriously boggles me to know that these same devs made Uncharted 3. They sort of redeemed themselves with The Last of Us but until Uncharted 4 comes out and at least matches UC2, ND will still be a former shadow of themselves in some aspects.

That game literally came out of NOWHERE to me. I remember running into a friend of mine in front of a Lamestop and he had just purchased it. I looked at the cover and thought nothing of it. I was blinded at that time for I had an Xbox 360 at home that I enjoyed. One time I had a little hands on with Uncharted 1 and thought it to be a terrible game. I don't know what was going on with me at the time for I have sinned. Fast forward a year later I decide to buy a PS3 once my 360 crapped out on me and I was left with a Nintendo Wii as my primary console for several months. :gag:

:wow: The rest was history. I rented UC2, beat it and bought it AFTERwards. I then played MP and :wow: 200+ hours of addiction.
5802.jpg

The added verticality made it so refreshing. I never played anything like it. It made it hard to get into other 3rd person shooters because the gameplay in those games felt restricted as hell.
Luckily I was able to enjoy other shooters several years later such as Max Payne 3 which had imo superior gun handling imo but that was it. That was it. UC2 still>>>>> but MP3 had some nice ass gunplay.

Man... until UC4 comes out and proves to be better than UC2 in every single way, UC2 will still be the best game ever to me.

Still to this day there has not been a single game that has been done better imo. The closest I'd say is TLOU but that's like a totally different game. Uncharted 2 is still the GOAT game from last gen and still is better than 99% of games out this gen so far on every platform. You read that right it's arguably better than your favorite. If you're :mad: at this, then leave the thread because this is stanning 101.

If you haven't played this game yet, you need your account revoked immediately and you should relinquish your gamer card.
You just made me want to finish this game:to: You da real Mvp

YaBishh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:what:

@mods Someone ban this man if he doesn't produce proof that he completes this game within 72 hours of this posts time stamp.
Im OCD when it comes to any game:manny: I think im at the point where im running away from the boulder on some Indiana Jones type steeze

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC

A Team was working on Last of Us. UC3 got the Benchmob.