UFC 307 On ESPN+PPV [10/5 at 10 pm ET] “CHAMA” (Alex Pereira/Khalil Rountree, Raquel Pennington/Julianna Peña)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You can't back up the whole fight. even boxers gas out doing that more often than not.

THIS ISNT TRUE AT ALL
AND LITERALLY MAKES NO SENSE.

BACKING UP HAS NOTHING
TO DO WITH GASSING OUT.

YOU CAN GAS OUT MOVING
IN ANY DIRECTION.

AFTER THE FIRST RD
DANIEL SAID HE WOULD GAS OUT
BECAUSE HE EXPLODED FORWARD
TOO MANY TIMES.

:devil:
:evil:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

THIS ISNT TRUE AT ALL

BACKING UP HAS NOTHING
TO DO WITH GASSING OUT.

YOU CAN GAS OUT MOVING
IN ANY DIRECTION.

It makes perfect sense. If you are getting walked down due to the other persons pressure you will physically and mentally gas faster. I'm not even saying anything fantastical this is common knowledge and if you ever seriously trained you would have experience that first hand.

But its too late to arguing about this. I'll just say sure, you're right and keep it moving since its not that important for me to win every convo on here :mjlol:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
It makes perfect sense. If you are getting walked down due to the other persons pressure you will physically and mentally gas faster. I'm not even saying anything fantastical this is common knowledge and if you ever seriously trained you would have experience that first hand.

But its too late to arguing about this. I'll just say sure, you're right and keep it moving since its not that important for me to win every convo on here :mjlol:

AFTER THE FIRST RD
COMIER SAID HE WAS GASSED
TOO MANY TIMES ...

THAT WAS LITERALLY THE THEME
OF THE FIRST 2 RDS
WHICH IS WHY HE WAS UP 2-0
AND HE BLEW HIS LOAD.

THIS NARRATIVE THAT HE BACKED UP
THE WHOLE FIGHT IS FICTION.
HE BEGAN TO BACK UP
AFTER HE GASSED OUT
BECAUSE HE FOUGHT TOO AGGRESSIVE
EARLY ON.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It's good he was able to do the post fight interview. I thought he was going straight to the hospital

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Jones vs Alex would do numbers but I think Jon is all wrong for him. Same for Aspinall, I think they’re both very bad matchups for Alex. They’re as tall, naturally bigger and their grappling will be the difference.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Khalil put up a good fight but he can only blame himself if the altitude is what caused him to gas. If thats the case he should have been training where the fight was located a while ago.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I hope Alex is getting paid. Literally the only star the UFC currently has. Pennington and especially Aldo got robbed. It hurts my soul when legendary fighters hang around too long. Because you record losses to bums like Bautista. Rountreee was game but you could tell he wasn’t in Poatan league. Harrison looked ok I guess. She will beat Pena

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps

THIS ISNT TRUE AT ALL

BACKING UP HAS NOTHING
TO DO WITH GASSING OUT.

YOU CAN GAS OUT MOVING
IN ANY DIRECTION.

AFTER THE FIRST RD
DANIEL SAID HE WOULD GAS OUT
TOO MANY TIMES.

No, it's true. fighting going backwards takes a LOT of energy. That's why Ali was so great pre-Exile because he could be on his toes for 15 rounds going backwards and be fresh in the 15th round as the 1st. Bernard Hopkins used to train running backwards to help with his stamina and even in his 40s, he was freash in the 12th round. Fighting going backwards takes a LOT of energy. I was an amateur boxer as well with good legs in my 20s during the 90s and early 2000s and you've got to realize in the ring or octagon, you're not only battling your opponent, but the lights above the ring because those mfers are HOT!!! It's like an 80 degree day standing under those shyts. So yes, you can tire just standing and trading, but moving backwards speeds up the process of fatigue.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Jones vs Alex would do numbers but I think Jon is all wrong for him. Same for Aspinall, I think they’re both very bad matchups for Alex. They’re as tall, naturally bigger and their grappling will be the difference.
Jones would just take him to the ground and submit him in the first quite easily. And Periera knows this too.

• Dap
Reactions: QBN