UFC 189: Mendes Vs Mcgregor [July 11]

Who wins the title fights?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm not really into MMA, but it's hard to not want to watch McGregor's antics. Can't deny the star potential with him. Young, not bad looking, cocky, clean in a suit, can't forget white in a sport where non-whites at times appear to be dominating, in a division where whites are clearly not dominating, stereotypically Irish which is something plenty of Irish and Irish-Americans will embrace, wins spectacularly which is what fans a d casuals want to see, as intriguing out of the octagon as he is in, etc..

He's obviously followed the career paths of Ali (whom he praised), and Mayweather (whom he called out as Mayweather did to Oscar before inheriting his place as PPV kingpin). That said, anyone betting against him at this point is naive. Not to mention he's going to come in grossly rehydrated if I read correctly. Not to mention, Dana needs some new cash cows as Bones is MIA, Rhonda is a female, Cain got beat by I dont know that guy was, Cormier is a paper champion with an asterisk, and that guy that beat Silva twice isnt that popular. Conor is ideal for the UFC at this time. This is business. Conor will win.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I bet that Conor fitted suit game this week looking like a chopper suit game. Hey guys if you have Twitter follow us @fteswl or ig from_the_eastside_with_love

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
HomelyThoughtfulBee.gif

:dead:

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
I'm not really into MMA, but it's hard to not want to watch McGregor's antics. Can't deny the star potential with him. Young, not bad looking, cocky, clean in a suit, can't forget white in a sport where non-whites at times appear to be dominating, in a division where whites are clearly not dominating, stereotypically Irish which is something plenty of Irish and Irish-Americans will embrace, wins spectacularly which is what fans a d casuals want to see, as intriguing out of the octagon as he is in, etc..

He's obviously followed the career paths of Ali (whom he praised), and Mayweather (whom he called out as Mayweather did to Oscar before inheriting his place as PPV kingpin). That said, anyone betting against him at this point is naive. Not to mention he's going to come in grossly rehydrated if I read correctly. Not to mention, Dana needs some new cash cows as Bones is MIA, Rhonda is a female, Cain got beat by I dont know that guy was, Cormier is a paper champion with an asterisk, and that guy that beat Silva twice isnt that popular. Conor is ideal for the UFC at this time. This is business. Conor will win.

3 of the top 4 FWs are white.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I'm not a betting man, but I put $10 on Chad this morning with one of my training partners. Everybody was taking that bet, if Conor wins that dude is going to clean up.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm not a betting man, but I put $10 on Chad this morning with one of my training partners. Everybody was taking that bet, if Conor wins that dude is going to clean up.
yeah man. I picked Conor with one of my coaches just on the chance that I win. He kept saying, "I'm selling, I'm not buying. Against Chad mendes? I'm selling all day." Conor's confidence has made me want to bet on him. If he ends up being right about himself, it will be huge. This fight with Chad Mendes isn't the Aldo fight, but it actually tells us a lot more about Conor as a fighter IMO.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Dana just predicted this will be the biggest event ever

"He was medically cleared, but he decided to not fight," White told hosts Kenny Florian and Daniel Cormier. "He stood to make a lot of money in this fight. The bigger issue was making weight. You lose a fighter like Jose Aldo and put Mendes in and we added to the gate. This fight is breaking every record, pre-buys on PPV, traffic on the website, it's bigger than UFC 100. This will be the biggest fight ever."