U St in DC

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
I've been in the are for a minute. More whites but definitely still very black.

If you stop at Brixtons, yeah, you might think it's mostly white. But go past Lounge of III, Indulj, Next Door, Patty's, Pure... Around to Jin and this other spot I can't remember the name of, and you'll feel at home.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
My girl and I were just out driving this weekend and decided to go through there. I made a comment about something like "what happened to this being the chocolate city" because every other person I saw was non-black. I have nothing against hanging with other races and all of that, but I thought I was bugging.

I've only been out here for a year now.

And every other street has construction :damn:

nls743

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Dmv area
I've been in the are for a minute. More whites but definitely still very black.

If you stop at Brixtons, yeah, you might think it's mostly white. But go past Lounge of III, Indulj, Next Door, Patty's, Pure... Around to Jin and this other spot I can't remember the name of, and you'll feel at home.
Your thinking of Marvins as the other spot and maybe busboys and poets. Im actually headed over that way in a few minutes so I'll really be able to observe

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
got a chance to see the end game of gentrification this past weekend in DC. For those of you who arent familiar, U Street (near ben's chilli bowl) is a couple of club and bar filled blocks geared to the 21 and up crowd. Now i dont know how long its been the way it is now because i havent been here in over a year, but ive been coming to this area for damn near 10 years and have seen it go from an all black party area to the "friends" esqe environment it has become today.

Its crazy, cause on first glance it looks live as shyt in the area now...........but once you get in the midst the area is weak as shyt. Alot of drunk whites who be in their own world, corny negroes and thats basically it............no real quality. We were literally sitting on the block looking for quality chicks to walk by to get at and saw none..........it was crazy cause this area used to be russeling with some nice joints.

Partied many a night on U Street ......

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
Your thinking of Marvins as the other spot and maybe busboys and poets. Im actually headed over that way in a few minutes so I'll really be able to observe
Marvins is good on Mondays, so tonight. I'm familiar with that spot. It's another smaller spot, also with an upstairs, between Marvin's and Jin. Only been once when the Deltas(?) were here... good night... but It looks decent when I pass bye, and definitely a black spot.

Busboys is cool but I wouldn't go to hang out. More restaraunt than bar/lounge. I got lucky once or twice... happen to be seated next to some good lookin' women. Only about what, 10 seats at the bar? And they keep a few good lookin' waitresses.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
Last time i was out that way it was just like you described, a damn Friends episode. Was going to go to Fatty Bom Booms but the line was ridiculous, back in the day you could just catch fine black women walking up the street. All i saw was fat white girls in flip flops:huhldup:dc has become a destination spot (i.e. going to a specific club/lounge)not a wander around spot. I miss going out to DC without a specific plan:to:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
back in the day you could just catch fine black women walking up the street. All i saw was fat white girls in flip flops:huhldup:dc has become a destination spot (i.e. going to a specific club/lounge)not a wander around spot. I miss going out to DC without a specific plan:to:

u said exactly how i feel

nls743

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Dmv area
Last time i was out that way it was just like you described, a damn Friends episode. Was going to go to Fatty Bom Booms but the line was ridiculous, back in the day you could just catch fine black women walking up the street. All i saw was fat white girls in flip flops:huhldup:dc has become a destination spot (i.e. going to a specific club/lounge)not a wander around spot. I miss going out to DC without a specific plan:to:
Yup this is accurate. Yesterday I was on U street and besides the rooftop I was on....it looked like an episode of friends smh