U Remind Me of a Game That I Once Knew - Glock Purdy v Taylor Gang - Super Bowl LVIII game thread

Who will win Super Bowl LVIII?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Niners in a curious position and I'm not sure what the right answer will be. They effectively have no cap space right now, although you'd expect some to open up after cuts/re-structures/etc. But not really enough for the roster to be much different beyond the draft picks they select. You got a coach who keeps making the same mistakes in championship games, and a QB who doesn't really look like he's elevating the team in big games. That's three playoff games in a row where he basically had a couple really nice drives in between a lot of ehhh.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Kelce’s 35 and starting to slow down, they’ll have to eventually replace him. The defense is legit though. They’ve got a lot of parts to re-sign IIRC(I believe Jones and Sneed are UFA) but they’re gonna be really good for the next 5-7 years no matter what.
As long as Reid and Spags are coaching and Mahomes is QB, the chiefs are good

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Niners in a curious position and I'm not sure what the right answer will be. They effectively have no cap space right now, although you'd expect some to open up after cuts/re-structures/etc. But not really enough for the roster to be much different beyond the draft picks they select. You got a coach who keeps making the same mistakes in championship games, and a QB who doesn't really look like he's elevating the team in big games. That's three playoff games in a row where he basically had a couple really nice drives in between a lot of ehhh.
I gotta disagree with the Purdy conclusion. He played way better than I anticipated for most of the game. Avoiding the turnovers and big sacks were key. He showed a ton of guts tonight. Not elite but certainly not the biggest issue.