Tyler Perry's newest drama, “Divorce in the Black”, nabs a shocking and exceedingly rare 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Lol. It should be noted that the film only has 10 reviews only one 'top' critic has rated it.

Tbh Tyler Perry movies are critic proof not even sure why a critic would waste their time reviewing it?

You're not going to change anyones mind who's into his stuff

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
I never understood why people shyt on Tyler Perry movies. You know you’re going to get a terrible product going in, so why are you surprised
We're surprised that they don't get any better. Isn't that the end goal for any business, product, team, student, or person in general?

He obviously has no incentive or motivation to do so if he continues to churn out such rubbish.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
While Divorce in the Black was actually worst than a Tubi-level movie, Rotten Tomatoes reviewers are EXTREMELY racist/harsh towards black movies

It's an aggregate of critics' reviews.

Each critic gives it a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down". Even critics with a five point scale. It gets boiled down to yes or no.

SOHH zero critics gave it a thumbs up.

From what I'm hearing, no one SHOULD give this a thumbs up. Cause apparently it sucks.

These "racist" critics couldnt decide to throw TP a bone and give him a couple points each. Cause their overall (up or down) is the only input.

Ask yourself. Does the movie suck? Do you endorse it?

Had TP made anything you would endorse? I liked the Madea Boo joint (don't know which one). Only cause it was fully a comedy with zero pretense of drama or other artistry. Actually the other characters elevated the experience for me. TP is decent at Madea. Comedywise Madea is fine. The best thing about TPs whole cinematic universe.

But Madea plus wack drama elements is not enough. Whatever he does without Madea ain't even worth watching.

I'm guessing this movie is all drama. From TP, guaranteed wack.