‘Tyler Perry’s Meet The Browns’ Guest actor talks about his “traumatic” experience on set.

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Tyl£r P£rry Studios has a very drastic schedule. Brandon’s episode was filmed in one day
He played Geoffrey, the fat kid who was being bullied.
He learned the entire script in 2 to 3 days.
On the first day of filming they did a table reading.
The director (Alph0ns0 Riber0), starts telling the actors where to stand. Tyl£r comes in, they run the entire episode for him, and he hates it.
Tyl£r starts to rewrite the entire script on the spot. He tells Brandin that he wants his character to be a gay boy who has a crush on his bully.
Brandin is confused because it wasn’t in the original script.
Brandin says like for a part 2, this is just the beginning of his story

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
None of this information should be surprising in the slightest if you’ve read over the year about TP’s filming schedule. Man chooses quantity over quality and you see it in a lot of his shows.

It’s why I never understood the logic that his shows and movies should be immune from criticism because he gives black actors opportunities they might not get elsewhere.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I can't tell if he's more upset at the way Tyler Perry does things, or that he had to play a gay boy (oh, the horror)?

Probably not a good idea for an actor to start blasting producers and filmmakers so early in his career, even if they are shyt.
You're assuming that he has a career outside of that one episode.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I can't tell if he's more upset at the way Tyler Perry does things, or that he had to play a gay boy (oh, the horror)?

Probably not a good idea for an actor to start blasting producers and filmmakers so early in his career, even if they are shyt.
Probably both and he'd have a point to be upset at both. Some changes here and there are normal, ripping up the entire script on the spot with radical changes sounds unprofessional on the director. Why wasn't all that ironed out before casting. But hey it's his show and studio

But playing certain roles can have certain effects on careers, it's like that for even background acting so imagine having actual line time. He didn't sign up to play gay and you usually get pay bumps for certain roles that could be uncomfortable. Sounds like he just had to do it on the spot.

I remember when I was doing background work there was stories from other background actors about working for Tyler Perry, whether it's treatment, some straight up just not getting paid for work and others it taking 3 months to finally get checks. This ain't no 1-2 episodes which is still bad, we're talking months of work

There's been plenty said about him at this point so it's clearly an awful experience but it's probably worth it to get your name out there, and that's why he moves that way because he knows as much.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Probably both and he'd have a point to be upset at both. Some changes here and there are normal, ripping up the entire script on the spot with radical changes sounds unprofessional on the director. Why wasn't all that ironed out before casting. But hey it's his show and studio

But playing certain roles can have certain effects on careers, it's like that for even background acting so imagine having actual line time. He didn't sign up to play gay and you usually get pay bumps for certain roles that could be uncomfortable. Sounds like he just had to do it on the spot.

I remember when I was doing background work there was stories from other background actors about working for Tyler Perry, whether it's treatment, some straight up just not getting paid for work and others it taking 3 months to finally get checks. This ain't no 1-2 episodes which is still bad, we're talking months of work

There's been plenty said about him at this point so it's clearly an awful experience but it's probably worth it to get your name out there, and that's why he moves that way because he knows as much.
Not to mention, I have inside Intel which is 200% accurate TP is smashing actor Allen Payne (New Jack City) and has an infatuation for lightskin niqqas.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Atlanta's own
QVYUWut.png

I can't stop cackling at this smiley :mjlol: