Tyler Perry "Divorce in the Black" hate watch thread

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Really? I thought he was one of the worst things about it and not just b/c that's what his character's profile was supposed to be. It was his acting that was throwing me off. I heard breh on The Breakfast Club this morning braggin' about this being some of his best work but I don't see it. He definitely made his character a classic "hate-able" persona but he was overdoing it like a mf imo.

Meagan will never be confused for Cicely Tyson or anything, but when across from the best friend in this joint & Cory? She might as well be. When she was next to her parents, renowned actors Richard Lawson & Debbi Morgan, this actually seems like an ok movie. But when around some mid, the movie gets dragged down to mid. Doesn't help either with Tyler's contrived ass dialogue.

Edit: I'll say maybe this WAS some of his best work (individually). Not gonna sit here and act like I checc for Cory Hardrict movies like that unless I stumble on them on accident. And again, Tyler's dialogue does no one any favors.
The reason I liked him is because he attempted to give him a little depth. Alot of Tyler characters (I haven't seen all his movies) ate black and white. This character had the funny, over the top stuff. But he was so weak. Everybody bullied him. And we know why with his past. But I get you with the other stuff you pointed out

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Does Meagan Good get naked in this?

I haven't been able to make it to see Maxxxine last week or Longlegs this week so I'll hatr watch the hell out of this.

I lied. Finished the Boys early. Watching 1st 10 minutes got me in literal tears. Ngga went straight into the 'ery. The DT review will be epic.

When they point out the white lady in the last one was only 10 years older than the actor playing her son and Tyler Perry didn't even try to age her up had me :dead:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
All jokes aside, this is dope tho. Think Meagan said the same thing.

He can pay Black actors so well because he refuses to hire Black writers, directors, and pay for good costume and set design.

This was one of his worst movies, and that's really saying something. The pacing was ridiculous and there were several obvious continuity problems. Ugh. Even for a hate watch, this was painful.