Tyler Perry "Divorce in the Black" hate watch thread

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Fukkery off rip w/ Pastor/Pops givin' a sermon about cuz & his no good brothers, condemning niccas for hell :laff:

Edit: Ain't no way these fools about to try and carry the coffin up outta da church, nah breh
full

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It was better then the Kelly Rowland movie. But they shoulda had more scenes with Cory to turn the 'ery up. He was the best thing about the movie. He wasn't better then dude from "Fall from Grace" (ashtray B!) But he was good.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
It was better then the Kelly Rowland movie. But they shoulda had more scenes with Cory to turn the 'ery up. He was the best thing about the movie. He wasn't better then dude from "Fall from Grace" (ashtray B!) But he was good.

Really? I thought he was one of the worst things about it and not just b/c that's what his character's profile was supposed to be. It was his acting that was throwing me off. I heard breh on The Breakfast Club this morning braggin' about this being some of his best work but I don't see it. He definitely made his character a classic "hate-able" persona but he was overdoing it like a mf imo.

Meagan will never be confused for Cicely Tyson or anything, but when across from the best friend in this joint & Cory? She might as well be. When she was next to her parents, renowned actors Richard Lawson & Debbi Morgan, this actually seems like an ok movie. But when around some mid, the movie gets dragged down to mid. Doesn't help either with Tyler's contrived ass dialogue.

Edit: I'll say maybe this WAS some of his best work (individually). Not gonna sit here and act like I checc for Cory Hardrict movies like that unless I stumble on them on accident. And again, Tyler's dialogue does no one any favors.

Last edited: