Twitter talking about MTV Cribs being a sham

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Yeah we knew this back then. Almost all hip-hop ppl were cappin' and on some fake it till you make it type of time. I believe a few of them were real, but most of them were renting them homes, cars, jewelry and even clothes. They were selling physical copies of their albums but still was getting jerked left and right. But ain't nothing much really changed since. There are still a few big names making a lot of money and the vast majority are not even recouped.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, my thing was why is everyone's house so clean, spotless and doesn't look lived in at all.
If you are gonna have a big time TV film a tour of your home you are gonna clean it up. shyt regular people have houses looking spotless when trying to sell.

The thing for me in retrospect is understanding how little money most of these people actually make. We all got a laugh outta Reggie but he was probably living better than most IRL.

Shang Tsung

All Star
Daps
I remember as a young’n noticing how most of the cars had the same front license plate (car rental place) :mjlol:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I understood they are fake, but i'm not getting the idea that being a rental makes it fake. People show off hotel suites and fancy apartments all the time.
Celebrities can't be renters?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Average TV consumer is stupid. They believe programs on MTV like cribs or pimp my ride were real.

I'm surprised there's still a new content out these days telling people about these fake shows. It's like saying Santa is not real in 2024.

It’s a whole new ballgame now. People are finding out skits and lil relationship memes are fake——but still commentating on it like it’s real. On some WWE shyt

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
I understood they are fake, but i'm not getting the idea that being a rental makes it fake. People show off hotel suites and fancy apartments all the time.
Celebrities can't be renters?

" Work with me now .. jump with me .. "

full

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Renting as in they rented it for the show, not that they actually lived there.
:yeshrug: doesn't bother me regardless. Shows are meant to be for entertainment. I always assume tv shows and movies put entertaining before authenticity