Twisted Metal gets series order from writers of Deadpool & Zombieland, Premieres July 27th *NO SPOILERS*

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
audience love it

BF0-A174-A-CC7-A-449-F-848-D-01-DA64-FFC3-D2.jpg

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
audience love it

BF0-A174-A-CC7-A-449-F-848-D-01-DA64-FFC3-D2.jpg

crazy how low the critic are rating this for a show based off a video game with very little story Twisted Metal has "lore" but actual story not so much

it pretty much accomplished what it set out do be a adventure of the week, buddy/romacom, with adult humor quip's, 90's 2000's references, rated r gore, memory lane soundtrack, mid budget action scene, good maybe not great chemistry between the two leads, a menacing scary yet funny charismatic and interesting villain they did a very good job with fleshing out sweet tooth's personality

they didn't drag out episode's 50+ minutes just because they kept it short and sweet around 30 minutes

most people who watched the show seem to like it a lot........it's like the critic's are intentionally playing dumb with what this show is supposed to be with how they are reviewing it

i posted a show called Blood Drive from 2017 syfy channel in this thread earlier that this Twisted Metal show compares to very much and it has a rotten tomatoes critic's score of 76% and a audience score 88%

like if Anthony Mackie was swapped out with some generic cac like Scott Eastwood this would be like a mid to high 70's rotten tomatoes critic's score :mjpls:

Last edited:

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and another great thing about this show

notice how this show had a lot of strong, prominent, competent women through out the series and doing so without corny forced feminist agenda/message that's killing marvel & star war's right now

shout out for doing strong women the right way:ohlawd:

and not the fake feminist pandering just to try and get cheap critic/review point's that's bein going on lately with marvel /disney

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
crazy how low the critic are rating this for a show based off a video game with very little story Twisted Metal has "lore" but actual story not much

it pretty much accomplished what it set out do be a adventure of the week, buddy/romacom, with adult humor quip's, 90's 2000's references, rated r gore, memory lane soundtrack, mid budget action scene, good maybe not great chemistry between the two leads, a menacing scary yet funny charismatic and interesting villain they did very good job with fleshing out sweet tooth's personality

they didn't drag out episode 50+ minutes just because they kept it short and sweet around 30 minutes

most people who watched the show seem to like it a lot........it's like the critic's are intentionally playing dumb with what this show is supposed to be with how they are reviewing it
i posted a show called Blood Drive from 2017 syfy channel in this thread early that this Twisted Metal show compares to very much and it has a rotten tomatoes e of 76% and a audience score 88%

like if Anthony Mackie was swapped out with some generic cac like Scott Eastwood this would be like a mid to high 70's rotten tomatoes critic's score :mjpls:

100%

I’m thinking maybe the critics went into it thinking “oh another playstation post apocalyptic game adaptation, i hope its more TLOU” and were just judging everything by that standard.

I even felt like some of the heart felt, deeper moments in this show hit just as hard for me also.

This is a show you go into expecting something like Cobra Kai, Ash Vs The Evil Dead, Zombieland, etc. people like twisted metal because its just a silly premise and fun game, and thats exactly what the show is. I knew this show being a comedy would not sit right with critics, comedies are judged way more harshly unless its jam-packed with political commentary

I might run it back Saturday too.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
This show is a delight. Great humor. Wholesome moments with John and Quiet in the movie theater. I ain't know Anthony Mackie had that in him: the charisma and the comedic timing. I hope the writers for the new Captain America can channel some of this for him. He's a revelation here. Anthony Mackie,

cover1.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This show is a delight. Great humor. Wholesome moments with John and Quiet in the movie theater. I ain't know Anthony Mackie had that in him: the charisma and the comedic timing. I hope the writers for the new Captain America can channel some of this for him. He's a revelation here. Anthony Mackie,

cover1.jpg

Also, my guy looking a little :flabbynsick:

We got the captain america bodycon suits on order? :patrice: