Essential TV Cancellations,Renewals,Ratings, Pilots And General Discussion Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The part that sucks is because she wants to say something stupid and racist online, hundreds of people lose their jobs.

Yeah I thought of that too. A lot of people work on that show who aren’t pieces of shyt and now they’re out of work because they hitched their rides to a piece of shyt. I know John Goodman disagrees with her on damn near everything and he won’t be hard up for work but then you’ve got writers and crew members who are done. Besides racist and stupid she’s also incredibly selfish

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Roseanne just fukked up a lot of people's paychecks cuz of an ignorant comment...just awful

show was doing really well...i personally found the politics of it too forced and preachy on the first and only 2 episodes I saw

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Props to Channing Dungey for being swift on that shyt tho. She didn’t fukk around or give it time. She immediately put the hammer down. Black woman in charge gets the job done

Word is this may be only partially because of the racist rant. Apparently there was a ratings slip that may have played a role in this. It was front loaded as a hit but the numbers weren't great in the weeks since the debut. I don't trust the networks, but regardless, I'm glad it happened. Freedom of speech means freedom to suffer the consequences. :umad:

It's:mindblown: that Roseanne would say something so stupid given how bad race relations are in this country are right now, idiot.

Racists can't help themselves. She was barely holding on as it was, she's called black people apes before and she still got a reboot. :mindblown:

Who owns the show?

Because if ABC doesn't FOX could easily pair this with whatever that Tim Allen show is they just revived.

Call it the White Power Hour.

83713970f809da8e65b0c13f31fba1b5.png

:deadrose:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Roseanne just fukked up a lot of people's paychecks cuz of an ignorant comment...just awful

show was doing really well...i personally found the politics of it too forced and preachy on the first and only 2 episodes I saw

I actually caught about 4/5 episodes of it and that stuff kinda fell back. Don't know how the rest were - I didn't fukk with it.

It wasn't particularly funny, but it had a warm kinda nostalgia feel of seeing something I used to see as a kid.

But she was the worst part of the show. She was like an athlete that came outta retirement and was clearly 5 paces slower. She literally read her lines slower than everyone else and killed the rhythm.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I had the same thought. This one MAY be too radioactive for them but I also wouldn’t be surprised if they just see the dollar bill

If it gets bought by Fox, then sold back to Disney then cancelled again after the merger though :dead:

The :damn::whoa:"I apologize and I'm leaving Twitter" tweet once she realized that she'd fukked up the bag is straight :mjlol:too.

shyt was the tweet version of

giphy.gif

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Word is this may be only partially because of the racist rant. Apparently there was a ratings slip that may have played a role in this. It was front loaded as a hit but the numbers weren't great in the weeks since the debut. I don't trust the networks, but regardless, I'm glad it happened. Freedom of speech means freedom to suffer the consequences. :umad:

Racists can't help themselves. She was barely holding on as it was, she's called black people apes before and she still got a reboot. :mindblown:

:deadrose:

The ratings slip wasn’t that crazy. Not crazy enough for them to say “fukk this show” lol. It stabilized after a few episodes as all shows do. So I wouldn’t trust whoever is giving that word. Sometimes, just sometimes, people do the right thing because it’s the right thing. It doesn’t happen often but it does happen

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I actually caught about 4/5 episodes of it and that stuff kinda fell back. Don't know how the rest were - I didn't fukk with it.

It wasn't particularly funny, but it had a warm kinda nostalgia feel of seeing something I used to see as a kid.

But she was the worst part of the show. She was like an athlete that came outta retirement and was clearly 5 paces slower. She literally read her lines slower than everyone else and killed the rhythm.

Yeah they made a big deal about the shows politics which really only showed up in one episode. Maybe one and a half. It has its moments of still being funny and poignant. And actually was more of an indictment on trump than was made out to be. But the main issue with it is like you said: she was clearly off her game. Everyone else was fine and on point but she was cooked.