TSC's WOAT Gimmick Tourney Rd 1 --- Eugene vs. Hugh G. Rection (Eugene wins)

Which gimmick is the WOAT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
when you floated this tourney idea i ain’t wanna do it at first cause i thought Eugene was unbeatable :pachaha:

then everyone started dropping recommendations and i was like :ohhh: ok dis could be lit

the rest is history :ahh:
This is a good matchup. When I saw the title I was :ohhh:

Shock master probably the only other name that would give Eugene a challenge.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
I went with Eugene and I can hear Cornette in my head cursing out Johnny Ace for this gimmick because Nick Dismore was better than that

:scust:

At least they didn't go full retard and you never go full retard

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
I don't know how you make the Eugene gimmick work. At all. That's the kind of gimmick you pitch as a joke, you don't actually do it.

I know the climate was different back then, but I'm pretty sure people were uncomfortable with this gimmick at the time.

I was in HS when the gimmick debuted and was like :dahell: y'all not really bout to do this

One of those gimmicks/segments that you hate trying to explain to non fans in the room :snoop:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
There was a brief moment when the Eugene gimmick was starting to get over with the crowd.
Most of the other members of M.I.A. were over more than Hugh G. Rection.
Since Dinsmore almost made his gimmick work, DeMott gets my vote.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Eugene was an awful and tasteless gimmick, but he had that moment when Rock asked who his favourite wrestler was and he said Triple H :mjlol:

Hugh G. Rection got my vote just off the name alone, not even counting that awful stable of his.