• Total voters

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
-Mic work/promos: 8

He had a great presence on the mic and knew how to be an effective heel. His best mic work was in the WWE when he had direction and creative emphasized the strengths of his character.

-Personality/gimmicks: 6

His gimmick was simple yet effective. It was flexible because repeating his name could be done in an obnoxious manner as a heel but also interactive and crowd friendly as a face. However, he refused to evolve as a performer and coasted on the same gimmick for most of his career. His move to TNA exposed how obnoxious he could be when left to his own devices. The "I'm an @sshole" gimmick was cringeworthy and annoying. His role in Aces and Eights was lackluster but that's mainly because the stable was :flabbynsick: at that point. His charisma was a major asset throughout his career and helped him to stay over.

-Ring work (along with some of your favorite matches/feuds): 5
Matchs/feuds: vs Undertaker, vs Kurt Angle

He was barely average but he knew how to make feuds interesting. He was sloppy at times and became a lackadaisical worker later in his career. Ironically he recently opened a wrestling school with Daivari and Molly Holly.

The Academy: School of Professional Wrestling

-Overall rating (which doesn't have to be an average of the above scores): 6

A guy who was heavily favored by management but lost his spot due to bad luck, inopportune injuries, and bad decisions. The crazy thing is that he lost his MITB briefcase due to a misdiagnosed injury that would have healed in just a few weeks. I always wanted to know what was planned for his storyline as Vince McMahon's illegitimate son because he definitely would have excelled as a pampered spoiled heel.

I know that a lot of people here will pretend like Kennedy didn't have next during his push but he was in the same category as Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, and MVP for guys who had the potential to be future stars. Unfortunately we saw how that turned out. :mjcry: He's one of the few wrestlers who was more entertaining in WWE compared to TNA. His early TNA run was pretty good but later his character showed a noticeable decline. The reason for the decline most likely was because Paul Heyman no longer was advising him. Heyman was one of his biggest advocates in OVW. Undertaker was also an advocate and mentored Kennedy as well as MVP.

Ken Anderson On How Paul Heyman Helped Him Write His Promos In TNA

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Medium 7 from me. Mr. Anderson/Kennedy is one of those wrestlers that shine highly on the mic, but don't have much to back it up with. He can get under the skin of wrestlers, but his ringwork screams "meh":ld:. His moveset is forgettable as hell, even though I always enjoyed the "Mic Check" finisher. Bottom line: Million dollar mouth, dollar store ringwork.

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
He was always trash

fukk him for wearing this shirt and fukk whoever made it

anderson-13.jpg

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Mr. Kennedy vs Chris Benoit, Smackdown 1/12/07

Mr. Anderson vs Jeff Hardy, TNA Against All Odds 2011, Ladder match for TNA World Title

Mr. Kennedy vs The Undertaker, Survivor Series 2006, First Blood

Buzzed Lightyear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gave him a 7. I didn't follow TNA but he was one of my favorite heels in his stay with WWE. He was just too injury prone

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
ill link his best moments

work safe brehs :mjgrin:

:bryan: god bless eddie...:hhh: at the wwe doing a slight edit to this video to not show the chair connecting on eddie at the end

didnt like this guy at all man..dude was generic as a motherfukker and i thought he was overrated on the mic

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Pretty much knew he'd be on the radar after he was given time to cut a promo on Velocity :pachaha:this is how you try to get over when a crowd isn't familiar with you

Basically re-did this when they called him up to SD:skip:, just with a different theme, switched from Anderson to Kennedy, and got rid of that obnoxious beard

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Has anyone seen Kennedy's interview with Chris Van Vilet? There was some good stuff in there. It's a shame that he didn't win the World Heavyweight Championship in 2007 when everything was set up for him to get it. I wonder why he didn't just get the title later on, but he was already drafted to RAW at that point.