TSC Evaluation #130: Austin Aries

Overall Rating

• Total voters

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
6 overall. When he's on, he's ON, but it seems more often than not his in-ring work is pretty average despite having the indy darling reputation in the early '00s. He's a good talker though, and I liked his brief commentary run in WWE.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I always liked A Double. He had a crisp, snap to his moves that I thought his contemporaries were missing. His ROH run in the mid-late 00’s, and his early Impact runs were all very entertaining. I think what hurts him most is not really getting to the level of his contemporaries, as most of the guys he rubbed elbows with (Punk, Joe, Danielson) all lapped him in terms of status and achievements. Even dudes like Roddy Strong can say they’ve had a pretty good WWE run so far, unlike Aries who was pigeonholed in 205 Live before quitting. I didn’t see his later run where he was king of the Indys. I’d have to give him a 7

RobertoDuran

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Leeds, UK
7. Clearly good in the ring, but not great. He's not a guy that I'm like, "Oh shyt this match happened before?!?" I wasn't even a big fan of those Danielson matches that put on made him an indie star in 2004.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Third best wrestler of this generation and the original lead and flagship to roh tv.

Ten

The only reason i even came back to watch wrasslin in 2009 on rohtv.
When i quit watching wrasslin back before benoit. Then quit after benoit's reign.
After a gap of five years.

Then was never gon watch wrasslin again.
Debuted and stole the show in a five star six man match on directv.

The one to end the samoa joe reign.
The only one to make tna worth a damn twice. Other than the lash, mvp the bdc, rude, angle, and aj.

Tha fukk'n belt collector.

Art Barr

The only reason i still watch this shyt period.