Trying to start a vegan/vegetarian diet

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I have started to lose the taste of cooked meat lately i realize. I just aint' feeling eating a dead animal too much anymore. Us eating cows and chicken is no different than other cultures eating horse and dog meat to me. It's just what we have been conditioned to eat from birth most of the time. But i need some real advice on starting a vegan or vegetarian diet. I probably will eat the occasional fish or maybe a chicken breast here or there. But i think im through with the red meat and i been finished with the pork. But what else is out there to eat? Of course ima use google and research but it's always good to have an actual persons opinion too.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
fukk you, fukk you, fukk you. i wish you were born 100 years ago so you could "not like meat" and end up malnourished and starving to death. you are such a fakkit. you dont deserve to be born in an era with science and technology if you are just gonna take all that is given to you and choose to be a picky eater.

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
there are so many different varieties of different veggies fruits beans root plants and such and such friend, what is your favorite foods to eat already that you know of that arent related to meat in anyway?

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
fukk you, fukk you, fukk you. i wish you were born 100 years ago so you could "not like meat" and end up malnourished and starving to death. you are such a fakkit. you dont deserve to be born in an era with science and technology if you are just gonna take all that is given to you and choose to be a picky eater.

fukk yourself homey and the horse you rode in on. Meat aint as good as it used to be to me. I think it's cuz of the steroids and chemicals they are putting in the shyt. Damn right i have the right to pick what i want to eat. Plenty of healthy people live without ever eating meat (even back then) but i have had my share and i just wanna try something different. If you wanna eat the pig from head to toe (since you literally can) than by all means do so.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
there are so many different varieties of different veggies fruits beans root plants and such and such friend, what is your favorite foods to eat already that you know of that arent related to meat in anyway?

I pretty much can eat any fruit and i love brocolli and whatnot. I like potatoes too.

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
I pretty much can eat any fruit and i love brocolli and whatnot. I like potatoes too.

you think you still going to want to eat cheese? there is this vegan brand called teese that makes cheese that isnt made from animal milk looks pretty good if you going that route and in that case cheesy scalloped potatoes :ohlawd: Teese Vegan Cheese Ingredients & Nutritional Info

check out a few youtube channels though typin in some random food ingredients and you should find some interesting reciepes here and there

this profile got a vegetarian food playlist with 19 different recipes :obama: lil spanish lady cook looks pretty good too

Easy Cooking - YouTube

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
I've been a vegetarian most of my life and lately I've been moving towards a raw diet. Most cats starting out eat the fake meats to ease the transition like soy, tempeh, seitan. But that defeats the purpose of eating non processed foods, right? But it helps starting out.

Buy a vegetarian cookbook. Check out a few vegetarian restaurants to get an idea of how they make their meals. Get a dependable blender and make some smoothies. Stroll thru Whole Foods or Trader Joes and peep the foods and items that you normally don't see the regular grocery store like: spelt, black rice, quinoa, kamut. You gotta get mad creative with the meals and think outside the box. Upgrade your spice game too. That's makes a huge difference. Everything that is typical of the American diet can be made vegetarian from pizza using Daiya cheese, to raw tacos using walnuts, to burgers using portabella mushrooms. Subscribe to a few blogs too.

Chefahki | My Food is Electric
86 Lemons
Those two should help get you started.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
you think you still going to want to eat cheese? there is this vegan brand called teese that makes cheese that isnt made from animal milk looks pretty good if you going that route and in that case cheesy scalloped potatoes :ohlawd: Teese Vegan Cheese Ingredients & Nutritional Info

check out a few youtube channels though typin in some random food ingredients and you should find some interesting reciepes here and there

this profile got a vegetarian food playlist with 19 different recipes :obama: lil spanish lady cook looks pretty good too

Easy Cooking - YouTube

Yeah i aint giving up my cheese.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
.... Of course ima use google and research but it's always good to have an actual persons opinion too.

:tu:

Brown rice and black beans combined provide a complete protien

Quinoa is a south american grain that is similiar to rice, it too provides a complete protein

I recommend Organic everything

Dont buy ready made foods, prepare your meals from scratch

Eletrolyte enhanced water is the best water to drink

keep the processing of your foods to a minimum

inform yourself on GMO products and possiable GMO products and stay away from them

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been a vegan since 2008. First thing is just take it at your own pace as in don't try and go cold turkey right away. Second is ignore the negative talk.
I could go on a tirade about this but I'd rather not have a discourse about protein protein.

The silver back gorilla is way bigger than the average human and doesn't eat meat yet can probably knock down a tree! The cow is a vegetarian! :skip:

Herbs you should keep on rotation heavy that keeps you energized and alkalized is Hemp protein powder, Moringa, Sarsaparilla, Kelp, Alfalfa, Spirulina etc.

Spirulina is replete with nutrients.
The usable protein in Spirulina therefore, because of its digestibility and amino acid balance, is around 90%, the highest of any protein other than casein (the standard on which all protein assimilation is scientifically evaluated). For comparison, an 8 ounce steak is about 22% protein only 15% of which is usable by the body. So that 8 ounce steak gives only about 1.8 ounces of protein, only .27 ounce (7.6 grams) of which is actually usable protein. Spirulina, however being 70% protein and 90% digestible, provides 5 ounces (140 grams) of usable protein in each 8 ounces.
That is 18 times more protein than steak, with little, if any, waste. In addition, most of spirulina's proteins are already in the proper form that the body itself creates in the liver so there is little energy lost in digestion. These building blocks of the body are called biliproteins. Spirulina is the most prolific source of biliproteins presently known.
For vegetarians, soybeans in the form of tofu, soy flour, etc., are often cited as a high protein source. At 37% protein and only 25% digestible (usable), an 8 ounce serving of soybeans gives 74 ounces (21 grams) of usable protein. That is three times better than steak, but only 1/7th as good as spirulina.
Spirulina can be your best source of essential nutrients!

As for cheese, try Daiya cheese. It's in a white and orange bag sold at organic food retailers such as whole foods or w/e else sells organic foods near you. It's pretty good and is the best vegan cheese i've had compared to the others on the market.