Trying to lose weight : white rice or brown rice ?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This. White rice beats brown rice on taste any day of the week. Especially if you boil it with any beef based broth. It becomes a sponge for flavour. But it's easy to go overboard with white rice hence me switching to brown. Brown with chicken broth is much better.
When I eat white rice I always make sure I’m eating within my calorie limit and also spread it out throughout the day. Eating it all one sitting will have you tired as fukk.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I'm cuttin
When I eat white rice I always make sure I’m eating within my calorie limit and also spread it out throughout the day. Eating it all one sitting will have you tired as fukk.

The worst part is like a few hours afterwards you'll be mad hungry still. But white rice goes down sooooo easy. Especially Basmati.

Daps
I think brown rice will not spike your insulin like white rice. You really don't want insulin levels high if you trying to lose fat.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I'm trying to lose belly and chest fat.. Should I just get rid of rice? What are the substitutes?

Ehhh, not really. As far as your in a calorie deficit that's all you need.

People suggest getting rid of rice and other "white" grains as they have little nutrients outside of carbs and aren't very filling, so there's a chance you'll feel hungry after eating them and want more food.

I say do what you'll stick with but as you get older you'll def need to take inventory of your eating habits.

E.g. When I was younger I'd eat just white rice but now I do either all brown rice or half white rice, half beans of some sort etc. Or I'll only eat white rice if I go to a restautant etc.