Trying to lose weight : white rice or brown rice ?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
It doesn't really matter. Calories and cardio are the keys

Really this. I only do Brown because it has more fiber which keeps you fuller longer. On weekends I'll do white rice and noodles though. Gotta have balance.

Try brown basmati rice. Good flavour but more fiber than regular.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brown rice will have you hating life and will force you back to fast food. Hate that shyt. :hhh:

Stick to white rice but most importantly make sure you’re eating in a calorific deficit.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Brown rice will have you hating life and will force you back to fast food. Hate that shyt. :hhh:

Stick to white rice but most importantly make sure you’re eating in a calorific deficit.

This. White rice beats brown rice on taste any day of the week. Especially if you boil it with any beef based broth. It becomes a sponge for flavour. But it's easy to go overboard with white rice hence me switching to brown. Brown with chicken broth is much better.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Technically brown rice is better. It has more fiber than white rice so in theory the same amount of brown rice will be more filling.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i can't fukk with rice...seriously. i never really liked it growing up, i'd usually just get a [regular, not serving] spoonful or two whenever we had it growing up. then sometime in the past 5 years i realized how shytty rice made me feel. i've given up most grains except oats and sprouted bread. quinoa and wild rice FTW (not grains :umadd: )

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Eithe one as long as you are in a calorie deficit.

However, the choice is important IMO. As someone said, fiber and nutrients and energy will last longer in your stomach.

Not to mention that white rice causes your insulin to spike. Great for post workout. But not the best choice just for casual food.

The difference is small but can help you maintain a calorie deficit since your fuller longer and can influence minimally the quality of weight you lose.

Calorie deficit = weight loss. Your food choices will help more of that weight be fat.