Trying To Explain Something Technical To Somebody Who Dont Get It

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I was an engineering major so this happens to me all the time.

I realize now that because of all the gruelling math and shyt I had to put up with there are things I completely understand that most normal people cant pick up so easily. It makes explaining things really hard. Im not saying im smarter than anyone but the way I approach thinking about things is different then someone who never studied the physical sciences.

Me and my ex were high as fukk and I probably spent like half an hour trying to explain to her how a manual transmission worked and what a clutch was and why its needed. It was hilarious talking about gears and torque and I thought she was getting it but we just gave up haha. Its not her fault though.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I sometimes used to feel this way when I was teacher. Things that are very simple to one person are very complex to someone else. That is why I laugh when someone asks, "how hard it is to teach?" Very hard depending on the students' strengths and weaknesses.

I had one student who was great at reading, but no matter how many ways I explained a math concept, she just didn't get it. It was the most frustrating thing. Every now and then we would be working one on one and I would have to let her go do something else because we would both be looking at each other like :wtf::why::sadbron:

Cool Dr. Money

I’m Lil Jimmy but my boys call me J-Murder!
Daps
Reppin
Q.U./N.J.
I sometimes used to feel this way when I was teacher. Things that are very simple to one person are very complex to someone else. That is why I laugh when someone asks, "how hard it is to teach?" Very hard depending on the students' strengths and weaknesses.

I had one student who was great at reading, but no matter how many ways I explained a math concept, she just didn't get it. It was the most frustrating thing. Every now and then we would be working one on one and I would have to let her go do something else because we would both be looking at each other like :wtf::why::sadbron:

was it basic math?

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
this was back in like 2008ish

me: dad we should get wi-fi so i can finally use my laptop around the whole house.

dad: whats wi-fi? :skip:

me: *explains what wi-fi is*

dad: can people get on our wi-fi if they drive by the house?

me: not unless they have our password

dad: :shaq2: fukk that, i dont want hackers to find us and get all my information

me: :snoop: *doesnt get wi-fi until 2010*

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my dad bought a new tv and i was trying to help him set it up.
dad: we'll just move the cable box from the other room and connect it to this tv.

me: what kinda cord are you gonna use to connect the box to the tv?

dad: this one *pulls out ethernet cable*

me: naw that wont work

dad: :wtf: im pretty sure it will

me: no see, there is no place for that to connect into the tv.

dad: :wtf: how was it connected to the old tv?

me: through a coaxial cable connection, that tv was over 10 years old.

dad: :wtf:

me: you need a hdmi cord.

dad: :wtf: *picks up ethernet cable* why wont this work?

:laff: stop you killing me...... :laff: ....stop..

Damm, damn... my stomach hurts

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this was back in like 2008ish

me: dad we should get wi-fi so i can finally use my laptop around the whole house.

dad: whats wi-fi? :skip:

me: *explains what wi-fi is*

dad: can people get on our wi-fi if they drive by the house?

me: not unless they have our password

dad: :shaq2: fukk that, i dont want hackers to find us and get all my information

me: :snoop: *doesnt get wi-fi until 2010*

:dead: