Trying to cut weight over 40 takes twice the effort

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:sadcam:

I use to be able to lose that extra 10 lbs and keep it off in like 2 weeks. Now 2 weeks later i've only lost 5 lbs :snoop:

Eating and workout routine will need to be adjusted. I slip up one day and all progress takes 2 steps back.

I see why dudes that got older gained weight, including athletes. shyt is rough out here :snoop:

Daps
:comeon: keep feeding yourself that horseshyt... you :flabbynsick: cause you snacking on twinkies at 1 in the morning. It's simple mechanics, friend.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That’s why when you get in shape. STAY IN SHAPE,getting in shape and trying to lean out is dumb hard especially when you got a job,kids,life,

Enjoy the bullshyt foods and junk every now and then but keep that diet right especially the older you get

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’m not 40 yet and I understand two of many things: our bodies change as we get older, people have different genetics.

First thing I’d ask is how many calories you’re eating per day. Second, approx how many calories are you burning per day.

As I get older I actually find it easier to lose and keep off weight.

When I was younger I was running around playing sports, being active all day. That compensated for a lack of planning.

As we get older we can become less active and that combined with not having a clearly defined plan can lead to not getting the results we want.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: keep feeding yourself that horseshyt... you :flabbynsick: cause you snacking on twinkies at 1 in the morning. It's simple mechanics, friend.
It’s common knowledge that as you get older, your metabolism slows and hormones change which cause test levels drop...

Im not sure what part of that is horseshyt to you.

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
:whew: Thankfully I’ve never had a strong palate for sweet foods or most carb dense foods, so eating well is actually a breeze.

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
Nothing wrong with carb dense foods if you have the ability to store and then use them in training.

Definitely. It’s all about that intake/expenditure ratio. I’m just saying in my instance, it’s helped limit my intake even when I’m not particularly diet conscious or cutting.

Maluma

Banned
Daps
I’m not 40 yet and I understand two of many things: our bodies change as we get older, people have different genetics.

First thing I’d ask is how many calories you’re eating per day. Second, approx how many calories are you burning per day.

As I get older I actually find it easier to lose and keep off weight.

When I was younger I was running around playing sports, being active all day. That compensated for a lack of planning.

As we get older we can become less active and that combined with not having a clearly defined plan can lead to not getting the results we want.
This. Your metabolism doesn’t drop off a cliff as sharply as people would like to think with age. It’s usually adopting a more sedentary lifestyle that does it for most people. Dieting on a lower TDEE makes the game harder.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
That’s why when you get in shape. STAY IN SHAPE,getting in shape and trying to lean out is dumb hard especially when you got a job,kids,life,

Enjoy the bullshyt foods and junk every now and then but keep that diet right especially the older you get

The bolded is so true. At any age really. The effort it takes to stay in shape or get back on the wagon after slipping up 10lbs is far different than when you're 40-50lbs away from the target.

The diet part is the most straight forward but toughest to change for a lot of people. I have an Uncle like 45 yrs that dropped and has kept off 30lbs. He just started eating clean and really sticking to it. At first he said it was tough, but after a couple of months he started to adjust. He doesn't even think about it now.