Trump says he will have a policy proposal on contraception restrictions soon. He then gets on Truth Social and flip-flops

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps

20240522-160539.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps
he has a litany of contractionary statements. his braindead followers have the neve to refer to themselves as freethinkers when their addled brain leader has no coherent policy goals besides white supremacy.

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't know why people believed they weren't going to go after contraception next. It was on the same agenda as abortion. They're going to do everything they can to try to obscure that goal before the election, and people are going to fall for it and claim we are fearmongering. I hate this feeling of being held hostage because of this animal and his rabid supporters.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Conservatives don’t have anything. Everything they propose is miserable and dystopian

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

If he's elected president, Donald Trump will try to take away your birth control. We know this because he spent his first term in office attacking contraception access from many angles and, in many cases, successfully cutting people off from this necessary health care. His efforts were so dogged, it likely contributed to the alarming national outbreak of syphilis the country is experiencing.

The plain facts need to be stated up front because right now there's a "controversy" over whether Trump has designs on taking away birth control. Trump, in his usual manner, is fueling this dispute with his favorite tactic: lying.

The current dust-up started Tuesday morning when Trump told Pittsburgh's KDKA News that he's open to letting states ban birth control. "Things really do have a lot to do with the states, and some states are going to have different policy than others," he said when asked about proposals to ban contraception. He also claimed, falsely, that his campaign planned to release "a policy on that very shortly, and I think it’s something that you’ll find interesting." This is the standard lie Trump uses when asked about abortion. For instance, Trump told Time on April 12 that he'd release an abortion policy plan in "two weeks." It's been six weeks and no sign of it.

It will never come. This is just Trump's way of evading having to weigh in on a sticky issue. He'd like low-information swing voters to believe he won't ban abortion, but, of course, he wants his evangelical base to have faith that he will sign any ban that's on offer. Reporters know that this "two weeks away" lie is code for "the Christian right gets whatever they want." So when he said it with regards to contraception, it was properly understood as a covert promise to go along with any proposed ban or restriction.