True or False: Tomorrow, Xbox Has A Real Shot At Shifting Around The Entire Narrative This Gen

xbox has a real chance at shifting the entire narrative around with this conference

• true, this could be a turning point

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • nope, it's too late.

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Unless they show the games that they've been talking about for years getting release dates, I can't see it.

The worst thing that can be done is the "wait until next year ".

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After almost ten years of shyt shows under Spencer, I guess there had to be a good one eventually.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
No, at least not just with one event. Xbox division lost so many people's trust over the years. That Sony would literally have to reach unseen levels of cockiness for Xbox to shift any narrative. All while delivering a steady amount of big quality releases at a decent pace.

I hope today is the START of a shift though. That way it'll light a fire under Sony and finally both companies can compete without things being one sided. Hopefully things can somewhat get back to the excitement gen 7 had.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
todays-the-day

Today is the day...:mjgrin:

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
after Sony's stinker of a conference, Xbox can really shift the narrative that they are the console for "hardcore gamers" and not Sony, especially if the rumours are true and these games are shown: Report: Avowed, Fable and Persona 3 remake to be in the Xbox Games Showcase

I do think them having Starfield alone is better than anything Sony showed at their showcase, but Avowed, Fable, Hellblade 2, Persona 3 Remake? not to mention possible surprises like Perfect Dark or Everwild...like damn, this could be an all-time showcase :jbhmm:

M$ has the opportunity to give Playstation a bloody nose in the fanboy twitter wars.

But in the real world, Playstation is dominating this gen in both hardware and software, and that isn't - hell, it can't be - reversed. Phil Spencer said as much in that Kinda Funny interview a month back.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not at all, they can definitely increase hype and optimism, but these games have to come out and actually be good first before people start taking Microsoft seriously against what Sony has been doing for the last 5 or 6 years

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm going to say no. A bunch of trailers isn't going to change anything. They need to get results with quality products on the market.