Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

MarcMan

Superstar
Daps
I don't see how anyone can take this as anything other than a positive. Perhaps we can squabble over exactly which black figure they should have selected, but we're trading in honoring human scum for giving due credit to a brave and selfless black woman that literally saved countless lives (especially if you consider descendants) by using what was between her ears as opposed to what was between her legs.

:salute:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I don't see how anyone can take this as anything other than a positive. Perhaps we can squabble over exactly which black figure they should have selected, but we're trading in honoring human scum for giving due credit to a brave and selfless black woman that literally saved countless lives (especially if you consider descendants) by using what was between her ears as opposed to what was between her legs.

:salute:

Not that I agree or disagree because it is unknowable, but the argument is that Harriet Tubman would've been anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist and for the abolishment of the US empire, including its currency.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
On the one hand it's kind of troubling seeing a freedom fighter on US currency when slaves were used as collateral in transactions. On the other hand fukk Andrew Jackson.

Anyways in a few months people on Twitter are gonna call 20s "freedom papers" or some shyt.

:ohhh:
Copyright that breh ...

MarcMan

Superstar
Daps
Not that I agree or disagree because it is unknowable, but the argument is that Harriet Tubman would've been anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist and for the abolishment of the US empire, including its currency.

I thinks it's impossible to know how she would have felt about being on this racist ass country's currency. But the important thing is to honor those that need to be honored. It's less about Harriet Tubman the person right now and more about what she represents imo.