New Jersey USA
Last edited:

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
As someone mentioned, comparing New York to anywhere is dumb because New York is an anomaly. There is so much going on, all the time, to compare it to city (brand name or not) you’re going to be disappointed

With that, there are a ton of dope cities and DC is one of them. I live in NY and to be honest…. shyt gets annoying going out and confronting lines, crowds, and subpar services. Yeah, everything is here but I sometimes wish I was in a different city with different experiences

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
With that, there are a ton of dope cities and DC is one of them. I live in NY and to be honest…. shyt gets annoying going out and confronting lines, crowds, and subpar services. Yeah, everything is here but I sometimes wish I was in a different city with different exexperiences
I don't think I'll ever get tired of NYC, I live in a quiet neighborhood in the outer boroughs (for now, the sunshine state might be in my future) and can easily avoid the hustle and bustle Manhattan if I want to. I like all of the restaurants in my area and the service is good.

Canarsie is so chill, I love it here.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
This is the first time I heard of an New Yorker hating on another Northeast city.
Inaccurate statement...nikkas make fun of fukking Newark and its literally across the river you think they don't talk shyt about Boston or dirty ass Philly:skip:

DC is cool though but everywhere in America compared to NYC is a downgrade when its comes to entertainment just off of city planning alone

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Inaccurate statement...nikkas make fun of fukking Newark and its literally across the river you think they don't talk shyt about Boston or dirty ass Philly:skip:

DC is cool though but everywhere in America compared to NYC is a downgrade when its comes to entertainment just off of city planning alone
I said I never HEARD someone say anything bad about another N/E city, not that it's never happened. I wasn't there when those NY nikkas you talking about made fun of Newark lol

With that being said, I never heard NY nikkas talk about Newark period good or bad :heh: What's even in Newark for a tourist to visit? I'd imagine the only time the average NYer even goes to Newark is to catch a flight out of Newark Airport. Only thing I could think of in terms of things to do for a visitor is catch a concert at the arena.

New Yorkers talk trash about other N/E cities SPORTS TEAMS and maybe their fanbases, that's expected due to the various rivalries of the different teams. But I never heard a NYer trash another north city like they trash the south.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
New York is basically a schizophrenic ecosystem, it's designed to keep your battery on at any time. DC is great and fun as hell, and I find it considerably better than New York cause honestly I get tired and overwhelmed at the urbanity of it. Too many buildings, streets, people, etc. dc has a great amount of space. If only America kept to its architectural European roots the city would extend far out into md and va and look kinda like Paris or something

TMBlue

Pro
Daps
New York is basically a schizophrenic ecosystem, it's designed to keep your battery on at any time. DC is great and fun as hell, and I find it considerably better than New York cause honestly I get tired and overwhelmed at the urbanity of it. Too many buildings, streets, people, etc. dc has a great amount of space. If only America kept to its architectural European roots the city would extend far out into md and va and look kinda like Paris or something

Paris is smaller than DC in land area. It's also more urban and crowded than NYC.

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally, my preferences for East Coast Cities are:

1. DC
2. Philly
3. NYC
4. Baltimore (distant fourth)

NYC is still breathtaking and inspiring whenever I visit but, I have no desire to live there.

It's expensive, crowded, dirty, everyday activities are more stressful due to how crowded it is. I'm good.

More is not always better. DC might have 1/10th of the restaurants and clubs and bars but, everyday life there is much more manageable.

If I ever lived in the NYC area, I would have to be in Jersey and then come into the city for work.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

D.C has some problems (crime, high COL, bougie women) but being boring isn't one of them :wtf:

This is the first time I heard of an New Yorker hating on another Northeast city. New Yorkers usually complain/hate on the south (I don’t agree with that, shoutout to the south) As a Black Man NYC/DC/Philly/Boston are equally dope. Shoutout to Baltimore too.

My fellow NYC brehs, yall really think D.C is boring :dwillhuh:

The woman is question is from Alabama and lived in NYC for a decade before relocating to D.C.

DC is barely — and I mean barely — larger than the Bronx in terms of physical size and there are chunks of it that aren’t residential so let’s say both spaces are equal in size.

It seems like unless you travel up and down the east coast a lot you will be bored spending a lot of time in DC. the areas around the government buildings aren’t exactly places to chill (aside from being dead on the weekends/nights) and you legit need money to go/live anywhere nice in DC.