Transcripts of emails exchanged between Sam Harris and Noam Chomsky

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
As I've pointed out before, he isn't actually good at anything. He's supposedly a moral philosopher, but actual philosophers have shat on his book as trash. He's supposedly a scientist, but he didn't even get a B.S., other people did his (ethically and methodologically compromised) PhD for him, and he's done zero science after the PhD was put in his pocket. He's supposedly an expert on religion, but his books on religion are grotesque mischaracterizations that have received some scathing reviews even from other atheists. Now he ignores all that to mostly concentrate on current events and politics, which to him means to concentrate on his own Islamaphobia....and we see how that's going.

I read that as "Ben Shapiro" first. I'm not actually sure which reading is worse.

Hold up we gonna slow down for a second, how was he able to get a PhD with no BS and getting carried:dwillhuh:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Hold up we gonna slow down for a second, how was he able to get a PhD with no BS and getting carried:dwillhuh:

He was an English major at Stanford who dropped ecstasy and decided to switch to philosophy halfway through and graduated with a B.A. Philosophy. I'm not joking. Harris is a philosopher because E.

Now, how do you go from a B.A. in Philosophy to getting accepted as a UCLA Neuroscience PhD? I don't have a clue. I've never heard anyone explain that.

But the "hand-holding" part is that his own dissertation admits that he didn't actually perform the experimentation for his PhD thesis. His co-author did it. In fact, his co-authors appear to have done all or part of every important step. But you know what Harris DID do? He started "Project Reason", a 501c charity for atheists....which he then used to fund his own PhD work. That sounds like a massive conflict of interest to me.

Even with other people doing the work, his PhD looks like a bunch of crap. Here's a nice take-down:

Neuroscientist Sam Harris

Here's another:

Sam Harris Is A Fraud - tHE r H i z z o n E

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
He was an English major at Stanford who dropped ecstasy and decided to switch to philosophy halfway through and graduated with a B.A. Philosophy. I'm not joking. Harris is a philosopher because E.

Now, how do you go from a B.A. in Philosophy to getting accepted as a UCLA Neuroscience PhD? I don't have a clue. I've never heard anyone explain that.

But the "hand-holding" part is that his own dissertation admits that he didn't actually perform the experimentation for his PhD thesis. His co-author did it. In fact, his co-authors appear to have done all or part of every important step. But you know what Harris DID do? He started "Project Reason", a 501c charity for atheists....which he then used to fund his own PhD work. That sounds like a massive conflict of interest to me.

Even with other people doing the work, his PhD looks like a bunch of crap. Here's a nice take-down:

Neuroscientist Sam Harris

Here's another:

Sam Harris Is A Fraud - tHE r H i z z o n E

The only PhD this guy has is from the Stugotz school of fraudcasting:dead:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm just upping the thread cause Sam has jumped the gun as quickly as he could and literally became this guy:

tenor.gif

:lolbron:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
It’s a damn shame that, in his mid 90s, with the lifetime of a middle aged person separating him and many of these trash politicians today, that Chomsky still manages to be the most lucid and poignant of our political dissidents today.

Pretty pathetic but speaks to something he said in one of his books that I read, it was something to the effect of America has “free speech” but that doesn’t mean the discourse is robust. The nature of our speech and discourse itself stifles the development of many more potential Chomskys, Kleins, Roys, Hedges’, etc.

Last edited: