Trae Young is the Most Exciting Player in the NBA

Floyd Pinkerton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He's come a long way in the last year... took him a good 3 months to figure out how to score as an undersized guard in the league compared to how easy it was against college defenders, but it's been really impressive to watch since then.

Daps
He's come a long way in the last year... took him a good 3 months to figure out how to score as an undersized guard in the league compared to how easy it was against college defenders, but it's been really impressive to watch since then.
A long, long, way since then. And while he still has his struggles with getting his shot off, he was horrific during those initial months last season.

Daps
He still struggles with his shot selection and running into dead-ends due to his small stature, but he most definitely is exciting to watch.
Don't need to make another thread, so I'll just add to this post:

While it's only his second season, he has horrendous game-awareness; he's got all the skills but seems to play more for himself rather than for the team, and doesn't know how to scale back his game, which has put the Hawks offense in a hole more often than not this season.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Don't need to make another thread, so I'll just add to this post:

While it's only his second season, he has horrendous game-awareness; he's got all the skills but seems to play more for himself rather than for the team, and doesn't know how to scale back his game, which has put the Hawks offense in a hole more often than not this season.

He has been playing hero ball, but he almost doesn't have a choice. He got his PF suspended, his SG hurt, his C regressing severely, and two rookies serving a trial by fire. He's lost at least 20 assists so far this year from missed bunnies he made perfect passes/decisions for. There's no one but Parker who has earned his trust to do something to put the ball in the hoop. He's taking more shots because it's "the best basketball play" in his 20 year-old mind. Give him his full team back and the plays he makes will look a lot smarter.

Daps
He has been playing hero ball, but he almost doesn't have a choice. He got his PF suspended, his SG hurt, his C regressing severely, and two rookies serving a trial by fire. He's lost at least 20 assists so far this year from missed bunnies he made perfect passes/decisions for. There's no one but Parker who has earned his trust to do something to put the ball in the hoop. He's taking more shots because it's "the best basketball play" in his 20 year-old mind. Give him his full team back and the plays he makes will look a lot smarter.
While there's some truth to this, this is really about his style of play, which is built off the bad habits he developed before he even played in the NBA. It's not about the volume of shots he takes, it's about when and where he takes them. There's no fluidity or concatenation to how he runs an offense; it's just a scatter of erratic, out-of-sync plays to get instant results.

He's not alone in this regard either, Luka is the same, except he has a size advantage which he can fall back on.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
He might be putting together a Nash type MVP season with what he's working with in Atlanta this season.

Nash that shoots more 3's :ohhh:

BigSteppa

Kawhi pack got me leanin
Daps
Yeah I like watching trae he takes insane shots and drain them at a good rate :ehh:

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Don't like the playing for fouls. I understand why he does it, but as for actually watching him it'll keep me from watching live. I'll just watch the highlights

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Dude is starting to be underrated imo

Luka gets non stop coverage, yet Trae is leading the highest rated offense and people are like :yeshrug:

Even brehs on the Coli are resisting, i feel like im the only non Hawks fan that is seeing this.

cacs gotta have their next bird. That’s why they slurrped Luka all last season even though Trae had a better year

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Dude is starting to be underrated imo

Luka gets non stop coverage, yet Trae is leading the highest rated offense and people are like :yeshrug:

Even brehs on the Coli are resisting, i feel like im the only non Hawks fan that is seeing this.
The media predetermines who they love and who they hate and they react accordingly to anything that happens with that bias in mind. Trae could average 45-12a -4r for a full month and the coverage would still be about Luka