Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Oooooh you really trynna step in it :mjlol:

Don’t take @Heretic kindness for weakness.

That Boi will eat your lunch

@Robbo is a savage

@B90X @dora_da_destroyer @TKOK @nightwing2016 @1ncognegro are KILLERS

Y’all over fanbase a below us.

@Rekkapryde is A GOD
@Jmare007 is A GOD
@khross415 is A GOD

Niner Gang overall are GODS

Seriously, tread carefully in here
stare-angry.gif

Who I need to fukk up?

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Just stating the facts. Eagles will never be a dynasty.

Cinderella season is over and no shot at a ring now that the Niners for the QB situation right
Lol oh you're stuck on 30 years ago. I can see why though

You have the same QB now except his arm was broken.

I just tried to give your team some friendly advice since you have to play the same team twice that broke your QBs, but ok. You keep reliving those glory days :hubie:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Lol oh you're stuck on 30 years ago. I can see why though

You have the same QB now except his arm was broken.

I just tried to give your team some friendly advice since you have to play the same team twice that broke your QBs, but ok. You keep reliving those glory days :hubie:
At least we got them. Y'all win one Superbowl in 60 years of existence. Then brag about beating a team with an 8 string QB.

All this will be settled this season. Eagles are fools gold.

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's take a look at our Runningbacks.

Runningbacks

Christian McCaffrey - A mid season acquisition last year. Christian McCaffrey is one of the 3 best running backs in the NFL and the best fit in a Kyle Shanahan offense. McCaffrey can do it all. Run, catch, block. He has the route tree of a slot receiver and his combination of speed, quickness and football IQ make him essentially an Ivory version of Deebo Samuel. He is a weapon that can used in many ways, heck he can throw a TD on a trick play. People say trading a 2,3, and 4th is expensive but in actually was pretty cheap, we basically have control of him for the rest of his prime at pretty reasonable contract. Injuries have been a concern for McCaffrey throughout his career but he should stay healthy in this system, even though he had quite a few carries, better blocking overall than in Carolina combined with generally more competent QB play should help him stay upright.

Performance: A+
Potential: B+
Overall: A

Elijah Mitchell - A 6th round pick in 2021. Elijah Mitchell when healthy is one of the most explosive backs in the league with a running style not dissimilar to Frank Gore. The problem is that health has been an issue for him since he was drafted. He has only played 16 total games since he was drafted not even a full season's worth. Mitchell is extremely talented but injuries may keep him from reaching his full potential. With that said he will likely be the 2nd back in the rotation taking maybe 20-30% of the total offense's snaps. He's the teams best pure runningback hen he can make the field.

Performance: B
Potential: B
Overall: B

Jordan Mason - Jordan Mason was a bit of a revelation as a rookie. He broke out in the Seattle Seahawks game with the 53 yard run which basically took the remaining air away from the defense. Lase season he amassed 256 yards and a TD. Averaging a very impressive 6 yards a carry. Jordan Mason is a load of a running back being about 6ft tall and 225 lbs, He is the type of back strong enough to move like a power back but fast enough where if he gets a some daylight in front of him he can make corners and safeties think twice. This is a player who could possible end up as the #2 back. All reports are that is having a good camp and he may be another 49ers 3rd/4th day pick who shows success.

Performance: C+
Potential: B
Overall: B-

Khalan Laborn - I believe he may be the steal of the UDFA's. Laborn is more quick than fast but that isn't really an issue in my opionion because what he lacks in raw speed he makes up for in balance and strength, which would make him more ideal in an inside out type of run play. Laborn can catch passes out the backfield but I would not consider it a strength. He also will need to continue to improve pass blocking, while not terrible, he will have to find it in him to block head up as opposed to just chip blocking, not a deal breaker though.

Performance: C
Potential: B-
Overall: C+

Tyrion Davis-Price - After seeing the 2023 draft, I get the impression that drafting runningbacks in the 3rd round is a non starter. Even if TDP makes the roster you can argue that it is not maximizing the teams value to pick him in the 3rd round. Tyrion when he did play last year. When on the field Price average a poor 2.9 yards a carry which was indicative of his clear lack of vision. Any other runningback would have been cut but I don't think the team wants to admit they blew it twice like they did with Trey Sermon (whose spot in the Eagles seem just as tenuous). It seems Price was worked on himself in the offseason and is having an impressive camp this far, but he will need to impress in pre-season, even if it means that he is auditioning for another team.

Performance: D
Potential: C+
Overall: C-

Ronald Awatt - When it comes to UDFAs. I am am ok if the prospect is 23 or 24 years old. That is fine. At 25, it's difficult because the player has to be extremely polished moreso at RB as your prime is extremely brief. Awatt is to me more likely a camp body who will get picked off our practice squad by a team more needy at the position. On a lesser team he can be at worst a teams change of pace back. He already has an NFL level frame, he is a decent runner who is also capable of catching passes out the backfield it's just I think the RB room is too crowded with elite talent and higher level players fpr us to offer any meaningful snaps.

Performance: D
Potential: C
Overall: C-

Unit Analysis: Runningback is a strength of the team clearly, but I also feel like this position is something of a glass cannon. Both McCaffrey and Mitchell have missed time due to injuries and while McCaffrey has stayed healthy so far the same cannot be said for Mitchell. Mason could be the missing piece as he flashed both power and potential. I think the Laborn could be a breakout rookie but he will compete with TDP a roster spot, I'm not a capologist or anything but I feel like this team should be in the Dalvin Cook conversation. It may seem extraneous but this team is not rebuilding, it's a contender and we should stack the deck where we can. Even we don't do that, Bobby Turner and Anthony Lynn are experts with a combined 70 years of experience. Especially in the case of Turner, many every back drafted by the 49ers, still contribute on other teams, so it's not just the offensive system, it's the development and coaching.

Unit Grade: A-

Status
Not open for further replies.