Towerborne (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (2024)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I had no idea this was the Banner Saga (Stoics) game. I’m kind of let down by this tbh. The rumors were that this was a side scroller game with a Ghibli art style.

Banner Saga is like the KING of an art style carrying a game. It had that classic hand drawn disney look, this doesn’t really look artistically impressive at all. Idk whatever im sure I’ll be called a hater but BS trilogy is one of my favorite SRPGS

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I had no idea this was the Banner Saga (Stoics) game. I’m kind of let down by this tbh. The rumors were that this was a side scroller game with a Ghibli art style.

Banner Saga is like the KING of an art style carrying a game. It had that classic hand drawn disney look, this doesn’t really look artistically impressive at all. Idk whatever im sure I’ll be called a hater but BS trilogy is one of my favorite SRPGS

Sounds like people are really impressed with the art style

Man I can't wait for this game :noah:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Look pretty mid to me. In my opinion , 2D games are at their best when they go the metrodvania route , or on some My little Nightmare / Limbo type gameplay.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Look pretty mid to me. In my opinion , 2D games are at their best when they go the metrodvania route , or on some My little Nightmare / Limbo type gameplay.

This was leaked as a princess Mononoke style side scroller, so yeah thats pretty disappointing for me. I assume people that loved castle crushers will be into this though

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Been getting some positive reception. Gonna keep an eye on it. The castle crashers comparison has me interested