Toronto Accents

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember watching a documentary on the evolution of the Toronto accent or "blaccent". It's funny how by the late 80s/mid 90s you could tell most of them kids were beginning to adopt the local Toronto accent ofcourse with a carribean influence.....Untill about the early 00s when that crazy shyt we hear started to pop up:huhldup::mjlol:

maybe it's just the hood nikkas that talk like that though, but that accent is a MFin trip :pachaha:

DonB90

Superstar
Daps

Miss the old early 2000s faux New York/East Coast accent(even though Toronto is technically in the midwest, but I digress)y'all Toronto cats use to cosplay. :skip:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
its a shytty mix london accents and an American accent

sounds fukkin horrible lol

generic-username

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
I would say in so many ways why this is complete utter bullshyt you said but I don’t even have the time or energy :what:
How is that bs? The population of Jamaica is less than 3 million yet their influence can be felt all over the world. Fastest man ever is Jamaica, Reggae music and dancehall is super popular, you got kids in Canada and UK trying to mimic their slang.

Show me a group with such a small population that has managed to spread their culture the way Jamaicans have.