Top 5 ways to minimize and prevent belly fat?

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
As some may know, this is my 4th attempt at losing some weight.

One of the main issues I deal with when it comes to weight gain is the fat that I gain goes straight to my stomach, butt, legs and back.

I don't mind the fat in my butt and legs (the good fat, plus I have minimum celly jelly for my size)

but the stomach area tho! :to:

Help :mjcry:

Any specific exercises? Should I invest in a workout stomach cincher or something?

As far as my current work out regimen, I own a full body elliptical machine which works my entire body, I also walk about 1 mile a day.

I dont particularly have knowledge on the types of great exercises to minimize the stomach area.

Also are there any foods that aid in making the stomach smaller and fat burners?

Should I go back to using the ec stack?

This isnt a troll Marty thread, serious replies only.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Eating right

Eating right

Eating right

Eating right

And eating right

:francis:

Seriously though make sure you're on top of what you're eating first and foremost. Substitute breakfast for a healthy smoothie and dinner for a protein shake or lean meal

Cardio at least 4-6 times a week. High intensity interval training is best but low intensity steady state gets the job done as well

Light to moderate full body weight training with emphasis on compound lifts and short rest periods with 8-15 reps a set

Caffiene stack. Take 2 or 3 200mg pills thoughtout the day, at least one in the morning and one right before lifting. You can compliment that with green tea

And make sure you're exerting yourself when you're working out. Push yourself but don't overdue it and gas out or injure yourself. A lot of people's problem with getting where they want to be in workouts is lack of effort

Also, I hope you're a women since you're talking about keeping fat on your ass and if so....
:youngsabo: on the pics

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
You need to RUN and DIET.

Those are the only ways.

You need to run regularly at 3/4 or full speed for 2 or 3 miles multiple times a week. Run until you feel your body burning. Of course it'll take time for you to develop the strength and endurance to do so but the point is that RUNNING regularly (not walking) will allow you to burn your belly fat. You should also continue using your elliptical machine regularly for at least 30 minutes a day at increased resistance levels.

Dieting will also help you lose belly fat. You need to cut out carbs and sugars PERIOD. Your only source of sugar should come from fruits. Stay away from fried foods. Drink water (at least a couple gallons a day) instead of juice and soda.

You need to keep at this for a good 2 months before you start seeing some results. And even then, you have to keep at it and increase the intensity.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The primary solution is going to be based on nutrition. If you don't have a solid plan to induce fat loss that way it's a losing battle.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You need to RUN and DIET.

Those are the only ways.

You need to run regularly at 3/4 or full speed for 2 or 3 miles multiple times a week. Run until you feel your body burning. Of course it'll take time for you to develop the strength and endurance to do so but the point is that RUNNING regularly (not walking) will low you to burn your belly fat. You should also continue using your elliptical machine regularly for at least 30 minutes a day at increased resistance levels.

Dieting will also help you lose belly fat. You need to cut out carbs and sugars PERIOD. Your only source of sugar should come from fruits. Stay away from fried foods. Drink water (at least a couple gallons a day) instead of juice and soda.

You need to keep at this for a good 2 months before you start seeing some results. And even then, you have to keep at it and increase the intensity.

Hope this helps.
You are advising here to increase exercise while decreasing a primary source of fuel. Dependent on here fruit intake her sugar is going to be high to meet the energy demand. Carbs solo aren't keeping it adding weight to her. They have to be managed better but no need to demonize them.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
You are advising here to increase exercise while decreasing a primary source of fuel. Dependent on here fruit intake her sugar is going to be high to meet the energy demand. Carbs solo aren't keeping it adding weight to her. They have to be managed better but no need to demonize them.

Fair enough. I should've specified that in regards to carbs. I would advise her to limit how much she takes in carbs (from bread, etc.).

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Unless things have changed since I graduated from college there hasn't been any conclusive studies or evidence that spot training or trying to lose fat from a specific area works

With body fat you're gonna gain it the same way you lose it. So you can't just expect to just lose fat on the stomach

and running is one of the best types of cardio you can do but any higher intensity cardio will have similar results. The end goal of cardio is the same, elevating your heart rate and metabolism to burn calories and improve cardiovascular health

Calories you consume need to be lower than the calories you burn thoughtout the day, that simple. Eating healthy will have you feeling fuller throughout the day, feeling better in general, and make you healthier

Edit: you can tone and increase the muscle mass of certain areas but you can't just pick a spot to burn fat while retaining it in others

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
As some may know, this is my 4th attempt at losing some weight.

One of the main issues I deal with when it comes to weight gain is the fat that I gain goes straight to my stomach, butt, legs and back.

I don't mind the fat in my butt and legs (the good fat, plus I have minimum celly jelly for my size)

but the stomach area tho! :to:

Help :mjcry:

Any specific exercises? Should I invest in a workout stomach cincher or something?

As far as my current work out regimen, I own a full body elliptical machine which works my entire body, I also walk about 1 mile a day.

I dont particularly have knowledge on the types of great exercises to minimize the stomach area.

Also are there any foods that aid in making the stomach smaller and fat burners?

Should I go back to using the ec stack?

This isnt a troll Marty thread, serious replies only.
You can't spot reduce unless you get surgery. The only solution is to cut and reduce body fat overall but once you reach the single digits your body will probably fight against you trying to reduce it any further.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Abs aren't made in the kitchen, but losing weight is. If you can't put down the biscuit or tortilla like I can't, you might as well just work your ass off in the gym. :heh: But if you have serious weight issues, you really need to reevaluate your diet. When I had to drop a lot before I enlisted, I cut carbs and the weight was leaving.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first thing i would tell you that a lot of people are misinformed about is that "spot reduction is a myth". you might have heard that phrase before. what it means is that it's impossible to target a certain area of your body for fat loss. it's not how our bodies work. anything your body does from running a marathon to lifting a pencil, it needs a certain amount of energy. your body uses what you eat and drink as a source of energy depending on the amount of calories the food has. whenever you consume more than what your body needs to perform whatever you ask it to perform, your body will store the rest in reserve (fat). and whenever you need more energy than what you consume, your body will burn fat and muscle. the order in which it takes the fat to burn (the part you're interested in) depends on many factors (male vs female, ethnicity, genetics). it's gonna take a little bit from everywhere on your body though prioritizing certain areas. same thing when it puts on fat weight's gonna put it on in the reverse order normally. it's just something you need to be at peace with because no one can control it. if you do plenty of butt exercises, it's gonna affect the butt muscles but not necessarily strictly target the butt fat. and so on.

the one thing you have control over is how much stuff you consume for energy(food, juice, liquor), how much you use, and which muscles to work (that you can actually choose which areas on your body). the whole thing is actually more complex than that but it's just to give you a general idea.

the best way then to ultimately lose belly fat is to just lose some fat and let your body do what it does. like others said, get educated on nutrition, get educated on exercises and what each one does exactly, figure out your goals, decide to change your lifestyle (this is about more than a temporary diet, you need to figure out a realistic lifestyle that will make you healthier while still being happy) make a plan and stick to it. if you need specifics as far as a plan i suggest you talk to females who are educated on the matter and who can share knowledge that you can relate to.

Last edited: