TONY KHAN STINKS! ("WBD OWNS A PERCENTAGE OF AEW." - MELTZER; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 589 DAYS/84 WEEKS)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't think everyday people are concerning themselves with the comparisons of one wrestling company that has been around for 65 years and one wrestling company that is new in the game. Why would they feel the need to compare at all? What are they gaining from making those comparisons?

It's not even something shareholders would care about because one company is under the umbrella of a sports and entertainment conglomerate and the other is privately owned.

It's discourse for people who want to stan and angry Podcasters who were failed promoters.

If there's another reason that I'm not seeing then pass that along..

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Random thought

If a banger match happens but nobody sticks around to see it

Is it still a banger match:jbhmm:

NMn4zi.gif

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I don't think everyday people are concerning themselves with the comparisons of one wrestling company that has been around for 65 years and one wrestling company that is new in the game. Why would they feel the need to compare at all? What are they gaining from making those comparisons?

It's not even something shareholders would care about because one company is under the umbrella of a sports and entertainment conglomerate and the other is privately owned.

It's discourse for people who want to stan and angry Podcasters who were failed promoters.

If there's another reason that I'm not seeing then pass that along..

seems like a question you should be asking the AEW stans here and online in general

I don't care how long companies have been around. When the NBA launches the new expansion franchises in Vegas and Seattle, should those fans have free reign to talk shyt about the Lakers and Celtics because they haven't been around for 60+ years? No, they'd look like idiots doing that

there's a lot of WWE fans here who don't even pay attention to AEW yet damn near every single AEW stan here talks about WWE all the time :manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
seems like a question you should be asking the AEW stans here and online in general

I don't care how long companies have been around. When the NBA launches the new expansion franchises in Vegas and Seattle, should those fans have free reign to talk shyt about the Lakers and Celtics because they haven't been around for 60+ years? No, they'd look like idiots doing that

there's a lot of WWE fans here who don't even pay attention to AEW yet damn near every single AEW stan here talks about WWE all the time :manny:

This goes both ways also..for reference I'm a C's fan, would it be dumb for me to say to Vegas fans that they don't got 18 chips so they ain't doin shyt ? Lol...

I can say it but it doesn't make sense. Vegas won't have the history or the brand recognition or the length of time it takes to amass either of those....

And that's what a Vegas rebuttal would look like.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
This goes both ways also..for reference I'm a C's fan, would it be dumb for me to say to Vegas fans that they don't got 18 chips so they ain't doin shyt ? Lol...

I can say it but it doesn't make sense. Vegas won't have the history or the brand recognition or the length of time it takes to amass either of those....

And that's what a Vegas rebuttal would look like.

and that would only beg the question to Vegas fans...why are you talking shyt about the Celtics then in the first place?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
and that would only beg the question to Vegas fans...why are you talking shyt about the Celtics then in the first place?

If Vegas beats the Celtics even in a regular season game that doesn't mean much, they still gonna talk shyt and that's pretty much what happened a few years ago when AEW won the demo a couple times vs. RAW, WWE stans took it very personal for some reason and no question AEW stans take things personal as well

But the sports comparison is not quite the right comparison since this is an art form, I would compare it more to movies...

It's subjective in terms of quality. A fan of the Marvel movies could say nobody cares about critics, look at the box office

A fan of some Oscar Best Picture Winner will say "who cares about box office, Hollywood is recognizing us"

And sometimes both can be true like when Return of the King won Best Picture

In terms of wrestling, this year's WrestleMania was like Return of the King also winning Best Picture..

But there's always going to be people who say "actually, I think this Bryan Danielson match was the best match"

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
If Vegas beats the Celtics even in a regular season game that doesn't mean much, they still gonna talk shyt and that's pretty much what happened a few years ago when AEW won the demo a couple times vs. RAW, WWE stans took it very personal for some reason and no question AEW stans take things personal as well

But the sports comparison is not quite the right comparison since this is an art form, I would compare it more to movies...

It's subjective in terms of quality. A fan of the Marvel movies could say nobody cares about critics, look at the box office

A fan of some Oscar Best Picture Winner will say "who cares about box office, Hollywood is recognizing us"

And sometimes both can be true like when Return of the King won Best Picture

In terms of wrestling, this year's WrestleMania was like Return of the King also winning Best Picture..

But there's always going to be people who say "actually, I think this Bryan Danielson match was the best match"

yeah I don't bother with arguments about things that are strictly subjective, its a total waste of time and there can't be a definitive winner :yeshrug:

What made the Drake-Kendrick beef so notable is that when the dust settled, it was Kendrick's song who topped the charts and became a hit smash and earned him a Super Bowl halftime show. None of Drake's diss songs became hits or stayed relevant in the slightest. Kendrick beat Drake at his own game basically since Drake has always had the edge of sales/hits and visibility over his opponents. Kendrick took something that's usually only subjective and made it a definitive win. When AEW is bleeding fans year after year, with no visible signs of growth in terms of popularity, at some point even their biggest fans need to look inward and say 'something isn't landing here'

there are a few AEW fans here, some who only watch AEW even, who don't talk about WWE and are critical of what they like and don't like about AEW. When someone is like that, I enjoy chopping it up with them. Its the people who get smug about shyt like "heh heh we don't feud over friendship bracelets over here!" or "Heh heh looks like they need to go sign more Samoans!" not realizing how stupid they look when the 'friendship bracelet' match and the Bloodline saga is drawing literally 4 times the audience that AEW dream matches do

humility is a lost concept these days

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
When someone is like that, I enjoy chopping it up with them. Its the people who get smug about shyt like "heh heh we don't feud over friendship bracelets over here!" or "Heh heh looks like they need to go sign more Samoans!" not realizing how stupid they look when the 'friendship bracelet' match and the Bloodline saga is drawing literally 4 times the audience that AEW dream matches do

humility is a lost concept these days

This isn't entirely true, though. I don't post critically over WWE's creative very often, if at all. I enjoy most of the product and post in the threads all the time. Yet, you and others still pick arguments and then try to cast the blame on me.

Have I picked arguments? I have at times, no question about it but it's 90% of the time with people who will tag me.

In the wrestling world, it's called a receipt. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I just don’t want Tony to see them getting the deal even though everything is on the decline to go light on the creative
I get this, but they got this deal being light on creative. Seems likely Tony doubles down as its worked thus far. Now, if WBD own a larger stake or have some kind of say we could see changes.