TONY KHAN STINKS! ("WBD OWNS A PERCENTAGE OF AEW." - DAVE MELTZER; TK BEEFING WITH MARK PODCASTERS; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 603 DAYS/86 WEEKS)

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
nah i'm with that 1000% but i'm just saying

oreo pepsi
chocolate chip pepsi biscuits?

breh

what is next? Deep fried butter?
images

:hubie:We in the 7th layer of hell

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
John Ourand (Puck News): “If the reported numbers are true about David Zaslav re-upping with AEW, what must he be thinking when WWE’s minor league show NXT destroyed them head-to-head in the ratings this week? 874K vs. 329K. It does not appear WBD knows when or how much to spend.”—A media executive

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
John Ourand (Puck News): “If the reported numbers are true about David Zaslav re-upping with AEW, what must he be thinking when WWE’s minor league show NXT destroyed them head-to-head in the ratings this week? 874K vs. 329K. It does not appear WBD knows when or how much to spend.”—A media executive

no no no

see you don’t understand

NXT only won because they are on network tv

never mind that they used to regularly get 600-700k viewers on USA and still would have beaten AEW this week anyway :pachaha:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
no no no

see you don’t understand

NXT only won because they are on network tv

never mind that they used to regularly get 600-700k viewers on USA and still would have beaten AEW this week anyway :pachaha:

in 2023 TBS was the 14th most watched channel on TV whereas The CW was only 28th. The CW doing those numbers for NXT is because of NXT, not the other way around.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rooting for AEW to fail is the weirdest sh1t. Not even gonna get into helping the wrestlers or people's jobs, as a fan having a viable place for other wrestlers forces WWE to actually have to try to put on the best shows they can and handle their roster well. Even if you only watch WWE, it has been proven that is not good for the quality of their shows when they can do whatever the fukk they want with no worry of anyone wanting to leave or switching the channel.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
What's up with those gins my guy
You drink them neat? On the rocks?
Classic gin & tonic?
I'm a gin and soda guy. I actually abhor tonic water. Soda enhances / brings out the taste of the gin, be it floral or citrus. I prefer more citrus botanicals in gin, like Roku has.

The thing about gin is that you can get good gin cheap...it's the easiest spirit to distill. Rainier gin is one of my favorites and it's by a beer maker here in Seattle. Imagine Natty or PBR having a great gin :pachaha:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Rooting for AEW to fail is the weirdest sh1t. Not even gonna get into helping the wrestlers or people's jobs, as a fan having a viable place for other wrestlers forces WWE to actually have to try to put on the best shows they can and handle their roster well. Even if you only watch WWE, it has been proven that is not good for the quality of their shows when they can do whatever the fukk they want with no worry of anyone wanting to leave or switching the channel.
I’m not rooting for them to fail

Just pointing out the glaring bad creative & booking:manny:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

I don't think that's necessarily true at all. Nobody here or anywhere is nostalgic for 2019-2021 WWE, that time period wasn't treated fondly at all and AEW was around then. They also cut a ton of wrestlers in 2020, including former world champions, and AEW was around then so I wouldn't say they handled their roster well because of AEW's presence either.

IMO NXT was better in the early to mid 2010s when there was no AEW compared to the final years of black and gold era on USA Network going head to head with Dynamite.

I agree its more fun to have other televised wrestling promotions around because of the intrigue of people jumping from one company to the other, but I don't think it's accurate to say AEW made WWE step their game up, at least not initially anyways. Some people will point to Cody but he was already doing the American Nightmare gimmick and presentation before AEW, plus they tried to make a run at Cody before AEW started too

I don't think the majority of people want to see AEW fail, I think they just want to see AEW fans/Tony Khan/some of the wrestlers humbled :manny: I watched Nitro and Raw both on Monday nights growing up, as well as ECW. I just want to watch entertaining, well-booked wrestling.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think that's necessarily true at all. Nobody here or anywhere is nostalgic for 2019-2021 WWE, that time period wasn't treated fondly at all and AEW was around then. They also cut a ton of wrestlers in 2020, including former world champions, and AEW was around then so I wouldn't say they handled their roster well because of AEW's presence either.

IMO NXT was better in the early to mid 2010s when there was no AEW compared to the final years of black and gold era on USA Network going head to head with Dynamite.

I agree its more fun to have other televised wrestling promotions around because of the intrigue of people jumping from one company to the other, but I don't think it's accurate to say AEW made WWE step their game up, at least not initially anyways. Some people will point to Cody but he was already doing the American Nightmare gimmick and presentation before AEW, plus they tried to make a run at Cody before AEW started too

I don't think the majority of people want to see AEW fail, I think they just want to see AEW fans/Tony Khan/some of the wrestlers humbled :manny:

AEW basically was getting hot twice; the first time from when Dynamite started til Covid, then again in Summer/Fall 2021. We couldn't really get a good feel for how WWE would react to AEW getting hot the first time because of Covid. That WWE stepped their game up in 2022 in part as a response to AEW coming out hot in Summer/Fall 2021, signing Punk/Bryan and doing 1.2s isn't far fetched.