TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 568 DAYS/81 WEEKS)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You know damn well that Dynamite card from earlier this week was a weak one, anybody could've looked at that and figured a 20 min Shibata match and two tag team matches for a tournament nobody cares about would be a dud in the ratings, and it was. It's relevant discussion to say the way they are doing things right now ain't it, and the middling attendance and TV ratings reflect that.

Did you miss it when I said nobody in the U.S. is going to want to watch a guy named "Shibata" who they have never heard of work a 20-minute match where the first ten minutes was all mat work? :russ:

Did you miss it when I said Adam Cole's stable is a complete failure? :russ:

These aren't criticisms that are unique really.. I said it right away that the number was probably going to be shyt.

A couple weeks ago people wanted to argue with me over the second quarter numbers. I said that Mercedes held the number above a million for her segment and that the second quarter number reflected that because it was still well over 900k.

This week? The number was already down to 800k by the second quarter. I don't speak in riddles on here, I only speak on facts.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Did you miss it when I said nobody in the U.S. is going to want to watch a guy named "Shibata" who they have never heard of work a 20-minute match where the first ten minutes was all mat work? :russ:

Did you miss it when I said Adam Cole's stable is a complete failure? :russ:

These aren't criticisms that are unique really.. I said it right away that the number was probably going to be shyt.

A couple weeks ago people wanted to argue with me over the second quarter numbers. I said that Mercedes held the number above a million for her segment and that the second quarter number reflected that because it was still well over 900k.

This week? The number was already down to 800k by the second quarter. I don't speak in riddles on here, I only speak on facts.

and you'll have people like Cattle and others on here arguing this is what AEW should be booking and their key to future success. So looking at the weak crowd and shytty rating shows you/we were right and they were wrong, which is why ratings discussion and attendance talk will continue as long as we have actual numbers and facts to work with, no matter what TV deal AEW signs

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
and you'll have people like Cattle and others on here arguing this is what AEW should be booking and their key to future success. So looking at the weak crowd and shytty rating shows you/we were right and they were wrong, which is why ratings discussion and attendance talk will continue as long as we have actual numbers and facts to work with, no matter what TV deal AEW signs

I have said many times that ratings/attendance doesn't change overnight. I think the booking for AEW has actually been better this year than last year because they are booking more matches that people want to see on Dynamite or especially on their PPVS..

But they still have a long ways to go and again ratings/attendance never changes overnight. I said before Mercedes and the others debuted that ratings wouldn't change much overall because people need to be invested in stories and characters.

The Bloodline is what changed the course of WWE in recent years and when the groundwork was being laid down, the attendance wasn't the best but they stuck with it and here we are.

I bet if Vince was still in charge the attendance would still be meh because he would have tinkered and fukked around with things because he's impatient.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I have said many times that ratings/attendance doesn't change overnight. I think the booking for AEW has actually been better this year than last year because they are booking more matches that people want to see on Dynamite or especially on their PPVS..

But they still have a long ways to go and again ratings/attendance never changes overnight. I said before Mercedes and the others debuted that ratings wouldn't change much overall because people need to be invested in stories and characters.

The Bloodline is what changed the course of WWE in recent years and when the groundwork was being laid down, the attendance wasn't the best but they stuck with it and here we are.

I bet if Vince was still in charge the attendance would still be meh because he would have tinkered and fukked around with things because he's impatient.

I'm cool with people saying things take time and it'll get better down the line if they actually give a time to revisit things and compare. Otherwise its just kicking the can down the road.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
1997 WWE has been the poster child as the "it takes time" example, but just looking at the ratings from that year:

From the start of 1997 until the go home Raw before Wrestlemania 13, the ratings ranged from a 2.1 to a 2.6.

After the big double turn at WM 13 with Austin & Bret, they almost immediately hit 2.7 and were comfortably at 2.8 a month later, including a 3.1 in May.

The ratings showed marked improvement almost immediately because of a hot angle. The ratings leveled off a little in the summer but by November after the Montreal Screwjob they were consistently at 3.0 or better.

Now it took them until 1998 to beat WCW head to head, but just on their own their ratings improved immediately after they did a great story and got behind a new star.

AEW isn't gonna get to 2021 levels right away, but they should be able to at least start doing better ratings than they had the first few months of 2024

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Ratings do go up for wwe though. Raw was up for 2023 and it’s now going down. But smack down is still hot and increasing. When punk or rock comes on their segments have a monster spike. Even if you take in massive cord cutting then wwe raw is way ahead I guess all things considered.

If Warner doesn’t renew he’s gonna be in bum ass channels or even just YouTube. He’s probably gonna cut the budget regardless of what he says. So it does matter to viewers.

I’m familiar enough with ratings cause I been checking them for 20 years to make sure I don’t start a show that’s not gonna last. I’ve avoided so many stinkers this way lmao. No ones paying over 50Ms for 600k especially when you started at 1.2. These are suits and all they see is numbers. Wrestling doesn’t command great ad dollars and they can read a chart that’s just going down like crazy.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
You can tell WBD is thrilled with aew’s ratings by the way they’ve been so eager to lock them up with a new television rights deal. They haven’t been dragging their feet at all. Don’t worry guys, those new streaming rights should surely be coming in any day now as well. Remember when everybody thought it was going to be in place by All In LAST year?
bushlaugh.png

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Ratings do go up for wwe though. Raw was up for 2023 and it’s now going down.

You just killed your own post with that. It makes no sense for RAW ratings to be going down considering it's WrestleMania season and the product is hotter than it's been in years attendance wise and with other metrics like social media trends and merchandising etc..

That's why I said that cord cutting is impacting it and people are getting their WWE fix through other means... You keep saying "600k" because you don't want to have a conversation that's based in facts about this. These suits you are talking about don't even look at the "600k" or 800k or whatever it is. They are only looking at the demos and where the show ranks vs. the competition.

Every "chart" is going down except football. The thing that wrestling has in it's favor is that it's live programming and it's on 52 weeks a year. If AEW continues to stay in the top 5 on it's night then I have to assume they will receive a TV rights deal from someone. I'm not predicting a big increase and all that like other people, I have no idea how that will line up.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
You just killed your own post with that. It makes no sense for RAW ratings to be going down considering it's WrestleMania season and the product is hotter than it's been in years attendance wise and with other metrics like social media trends and merchandising etc..

That's why I said that cord cutting is impacting it and people are getting their WWE fix through other means... You keep saying "600k" because you don't want to have a conversation that's based in facts about this. These suits you are talking about don't even look at the "600k" or 800k or whatever it is. They are only looking at the demos and where the show ranks vs. the competition.

Every "chart" is going down except football. The thing that wrestling has in it's favor is that it's live programming and it's on 52 weeks a year. If AEW continues to stay in the top 5 on it's night then I have to assume they will receive a TV rights deal from someone. I'm not predicting a big increase and all that like other people, I have no idea how that will line up.

600k does matter though. 600k for the nba or golf is a different animal than wrestling 600k. We don’t even gotta look and we all know that whatever movie they got would get them more ad dollars on that spot.

Raw is down now but let’s be honest, raw is trash. Full of filler matches and 3 hours long. The A show is still going up. cm punk can spike 500-700k ratings. No one in aew spiking anything.

But if cord cutting is at the millions it’s supposed to be then raw is exactly where it’s been for two years. Around 1.6-1.9 million viewers a week.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
At CMLL Homenaje A Dos Leyendas on March 29, AEW's Bryan Danielson, Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli, and Matt Sydal faced CMLL stars Mistico, Volador Jr, Blue Panther, and Ultimo Guerrero. Mistico clinched the win for his team by making Matt Sydal tap out.

———

Tony Khan does his “partners” disgusting. He can beat all their top guys but they can only beat the scrubs that shouldn’t even be in the match in the first place :heh:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
AEW getting bought out. :mjcry:
If only he went to Eastern Michigan, only then would he know how to run a business. :mjcry:

Oh Gawd here come the Stooges!! :damn:

Make it stahp mommy!!! :damn:

The stooges are hereee!!! :damn:

Warner I’m sure will be canceling AEW IMMEDIATELY!!

Stop with these reasonable posts, AEW gonna be bought out by Papa H!!! :damn:

Oh Gawd here he comes!!!! :damn:

Stop lying to me!! :damn:

AEW is dooooooooomedd!!! All hail WWE!! All hail WWE!!! All HAIL WWEE!!! :damn:

:what:

rabbitfood

Ancillary Character
Daps
From the way folks have been talking online, you'd swear that Sasha/Mercedes was the worst promo in the history of women's wrestling. Her melanin deprived counterparts never face the same scrutiny.