TONIGHT ...BOXING IS ON NBC ....ADRIEN "THE PROBLEM" BRONER & KEITH THURMAN ..THANK U ALLAH HAYMON

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
It's not his fault entirely. His power disappeared as soon as he moved north of 140. He's an offense-first fighter (dude still throws most of his shots flat footed) who doesn't have the bombs to get bigger guys out of there. He fought the exact same way in the 130s and was putting dudes to sleep.

Skilled as hell. But I don't know how many of the elite dudes at 140 he can beat right now. Never mind 147.
i don't disagree.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not his fault entirely. His power disappeared as soon as he moved north of 140. He's an offense-first fighter (dude still throws most of his shots flat footed) who doesn't have the bombs to get bigger guys out of there. He fought the exact same way in the 130s and was putting dudes to sleep.

Skilled as hell. But I don't know how many of the elite dudes at 140 he can beat right now. Never mind 147.

This is something I dont understand about fighting. When you say his power disappeared by going up in weight, how does that happen?

He will be heavier so in theory his shots should be stronger or at least stay the same.
Now it makes sense to me fighting heavier guys would allow for him to receive more punishment because they should hitting harder at higher weight classes.

But if have power to knockout a guy how does that person adding weight decrease my ability to knock him out.? Shouldn't the punch not hurt just as much/more?

How does extra weight protect your face? Also if your body is bigger wont the body shots fill the same.

I always thought the difference in weight class differed by the ability to dish out heavier punishment not make punches hurt less.

Could someone explain?

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so i am looking at the prelimiary ratings for last nights broadcast...around 3 million viewers:mjcry:....should have stayed on showtime and hbo. al haymon paying millions for exposure thats not being delivered....:scust:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
so i am looking at the prelimiary ratings for last nights broadcast...around 3 million viewers:mjcry:....should have stayed on showtime and hbo. al haymon paying millions for exposure thats not being delivered....:scust:
That's success for freaking boxing. Premium channels are geeked off of viewers north of one million.

No one expected NFL numbers.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
So the ratings were 3mil? That's not bad. People aren't really familiar with the boxers, so they'll have to build up that hype and it'll increase imo.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Is this dude top 10 in his weight class or what?
wikipedia says he was #6 p4p :what:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
This is something I dont understand about fighting. When you say his power disappeared by going up in weight, how does that happen?

He will be heavier so in theory his shots should be stronger or at least stay the same.
Now it makes sense to me fighting heavier guys would allow for him to receive more punishment because they should hitting harder at higher weight classes.

But if have power to knockout a guy how does that person adding weight decrease my ability to knock him out.? Shouldn't the punch not hurt just as much/more?

How does extra weight protect your face? Also if your body is bigger wont the body shots fill the same.

I always thought the difference in weight class differed by the ability to dish out heavier punishment not make punches hurt less.

Could someone explain?

The bigger the puncher, the harder the punch. A very simple equation has been created to further explain this. F=M A, Force = Mass x Acceleration. Fight science breaks it down from the kinetic energy of your feet all the way to the point of impact.

Acquiring more mass does make you stronger as seen, however, it also makes you more sluggish, Mark Hunt is a perfect example of this. The guy can knock out anyone in the UFC if he gets a clean shot, key word "if", carrying around that kind of mass for more than 3 rounds is going to make it harder for your legs to keep the momentum up.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bigger the puncher, the harder the punch. A very simple equation has been created to further explain this. F=M A, Force = Mass x Acceleration. Fight science breaks it down from the kinetic energy of your feet all the way to the point of impact.

Acquiring more mass does make you stronger as seen, however, it also makes you more sluggish, Mark Hunt is a perfect example of this. The guy can knock out anyone in the UFC if he gets a clean shot, key word "if", carrying around that kind of mass for more than 3 rounds is going to make it harder for your legs to keep the momentum up.

This is exactly what I'm trying to say though. The guy I replied to said broner lost his power moving UP to 147 and 140. Its a common thing I here about fighters which deosnt make much since to me.