TONIGHT ...BOXING IS ON NBC ....ADRIEN "THE PROBLEM" BRONER & KEITH THURMAN ..THANK U ALLAH HAYMON

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
http://www.wlwt.com/sports/boxing-returns-to-primetime-network-television-on-nbc/30748424

8:30 TONIGHT BYATCHES!!!!!

Usually this is how big-time sports television works: The network pays for the right to air an event.Flood warnings in place for areas...

The new "Premier Boxing Champions" series on NBC flips the model. The latest attempt to reverse the sport's declines requires some major creativity - and a major investment.

Al Haymon's management company, Haymon Boxing, is paying for PBC, betting on NBC's promotional might and the reach of old-fashioned prime-time network television. Five of this year's broadcasts will air on Saturday nights on NBC.

"We want the opportunities for the fighters in this sport to be parallel to the opportunities for athletes in other sports," Lamont Jones, the vice president of operations for Haymon Boxing, said Wednesday.

The first card will feature Keith Thurman against Robert Guerrero and Cincinnati native Adrien Broner vs. John Molina Jr. on March 7 at 9 p.m. All the fighters are managed by Haymon.

These will be the first prime-time bouts on NBC in nearly 30 years. The sport's shift to pay-per-view has been wildly lucrative for the biggest stars. Not so much for other top boxers.

You In the Nati?

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
And Whats even more impressive is unlike most fights where the Networks pay the promoter for broadcasting rights

Haymon is coming out his pocket to foot the bill. ..

Alot of promoters are SCARED that if this works THEY WILL BE STARVING :sadcam:

cause that changes the game. ...and most promoters dont have the bread or are too Cheap i.e (bob arum) to carry the expenses

Inspite of the fact that its a WIN for not only the boxing fans to watch BOXING on "free tv" but a plus for the sport of boxing as well
So he's only making money from the ticket sales? Or are they giving him a cut of the ads?

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
So he's only making money from the ticket sales? Or are they giving him a cut of the ads?

I've read that people don't know how he's making money/ they think Al is going to be losing investor money for the time being. I think the ultimate plan is that the series becomes popular enough that these networks will begin to bid for broadcasting rights.

Support this shyt yall we need boxing back in the American mainstream

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In honor of Adrian Broner fighting tonight

adrien-broner-dancing-b4-fight.gif

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
I've read that people don't know how he's making money/ they think Al is going to be losing investor money for the time being. I think the ultimate plan is that the series becomes popular enough that these networks will begin to bid for broadcasting rights.

Support this shyt yall we need boxing back in the American mainstream

Being on network tv is a good look for boxing in general and his events in particular, smart move

Also he manages Broner? So what does Mayweather do for him?

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
I dont get it, go into further detail please :feedme:
haymon got a lot of investor money from several hedge funds to branch out on his own and secure a tv deal, the most popular number being thrown around is $100 million. he's already got deals with nbc, spike tv, and cbs/cbs sports/showtime, with espn2 and telemundo deals coming soon.

it's a pretty ballsy move, it's really difficult to secure advertising revenue without proven numbers. i hope this pays off for haymon, a lot of other promoters are gonna have to up their game sumn serious.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
What's you brehs betting cards looking like? Obviously Broner's gay azz winning but I'm going for that parlay money